• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linkinpark9812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lake County, Town of Munster
    I check the chamber after I've cleaned the gun and reassembled it. With all my ammo locked in another room....

Complacency put the round through his hand, not the method of take down.

Yep, I recently purchased my first gun and when I clean it, I make sure all of my ammo is accounted for in ANOTHER safe in MY ROOM. Then I take the gun out to the living room to clean it and still check the chamber, and check it every time before being handled (unless holstering), cleaned, pulling the trigger, etc.

I know some people may call it redundant, but redundancy will make it a habit.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I took a class from the Sheriff department one time and they relayed a story of a Captain on the SWAT team that had a ND in the office. Bullet went through a couple of walls and missed several folks by a few inches as he was seated at his desk when it happened.

One can't be too safe. If you think it's unloaded and don't bother to actually check it then you can almost guarantee that it's going to go bang if you pull the trigger. Especially if there's ammo anywhere in the vicinity.

Top Bottom