• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    If you are spooling up the A/C be sure it is the only appliance you are running during start up depending on you genny's inrush wattage.
    Look on the rating plate of outdoor unit. Find RLA rating...(run loaded amps) and see what that comes to in wattage. Amps X volts = watts. That will give you the running requirements. Remember, this can be higher X's 2 on start up. Have the furnace blower running before you bring the A/C up.
    Just remember your A/C can be one of or the highest currant draw in your home.

The "AC" is from the geo unit (Waterfurnace). No separate outside unit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The "AC" is from the geo unit (Waterfurnace). No separate outside unit.

Understood. There is still a rating plate on it with the info. Just a precaution.

If you want to get the info from the plate or take a good pic of it and PM me the info I can do the math for you.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Troy built! 5500 great generator we have two of them!

$(KGrHqJ,!lQE-30EBRgGBPyPyFDYsQ~~60_35.JPG

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    Pair of Honda EU 2000i's. 4000 watts at 20 amps in parallel. Each one runs 8 hours on a gallon of gas. Plan to convert them to propane/natural gas in the future.

rlett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I bought a Honeywell 4500 watts from Menards. I had all kinds of trouble but after much research it works ok now

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    If you've got a generator, what did you buy and why? Personally I'm new to the idea and concept, so I bought a cheapo from Harbor Freight based on some reviews I'd read on another forum.

63cc, 900 Watts Max/800 Watts Rated Portable Generator

My intent is to be able to run a 800 watt utility pump with this generator and any small appliance that I'd need to. Right now I haven't fully tested it as it's still in the break in period.

Don't have one yet but that one is a candidate. Have some family that uses that one on an external cargo carrier for car camping in the winter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't have one yet but that one is a candidate. Have some family that uses that one on an external cargo carrier for car camping in the winter.

If this is the 2 cycle unit I strongly suggest you keep a can of starting fluid on hand. Neither our 900 or 1200 watt 2 cycles want to start after sitting for any length of time. A shot of the wake up sauce and it's off to the races.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I've got a honda 2000, the hondas are AMAZING and AMAZINGLY quiet. THey are very expensive though, I only got mine because it was 'bought' with hotel points.

I'm also getting a $99 china special from harbor freight in the next couple of weeks as a backup/throw away.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I've got a honda 2000, the hondas are AMAZING and AMAZINGLY quiet. THey are very expensive though, I only got mine because it was 'bought' with hotel points.

I'm also getting a $99 china special from harbor freight in the next couple of weeks as a backup/throw away.

Save 10 bucks and get the coupon out of an NRA magazine.

Top Bottom