• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Petersburg IN
    Hey everyone. New member here along with my first post as well. I turned 21 not too long ago and ever since its been guns guns guns for me. The past two weeks I've read all I can on suppressors and form 4's and how to fill them out and this post helped a great deal. One thing I did read somewhere is that the CLEO can refuse to sign the form. What then?
    And without having to do the trust thing. Earlier one posted u didn't need a cleo signature if u went the trust route, correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I'd wait to see if the guy refuses to sign or not. Most in Indiana will sign as far as I know, of course this changes as people change jobs...

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    There are others who can sign besides police chief or county sheriff such as a district attorney who prosecutes felonies, or a judge who adjudicates felonies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    ATF FAQ

As provided by regulations, certifications by the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor are acceptable. The regulations also provide that certifications of other officials are appropriate if found in a particular case to be acceptable to the Director. Examples of other officials who have been accepted in specific situations include State attorneys general and judges of State courts having authority to conduct jury trials in felony cases.
    [27 CFR 479.63 and 479.85]

Top Bottom