• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I found a 1967 Romania AK-47 GP WASR 10/63 7.62x39 made by CN Romarm. The gun looks new and everything is tight. Mag is tight. Front sight is straight.It has two 30 round mags.Chrome bore. Wood is in great shape. has oil can and tools...New to AK's. What is it worth? Thanks.:ar15:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't know much about the AK variants, however I believe the market today for a WASR is about $400 give (Indy 1500) or take (FTF fellow member). I might be way off with the 10/63. I generally like to use Gunbroker as a guild. Check several different listings for similar models, but remember that GB is about 10-15% higher than usual. Thats not firm, but a good guess.

HTH RNM

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    most of what they import today are "remanufactured" cold war era russian stockpiles....

they are about $400.....I have yet to pay more than that for one....only one I'd pay more for is NOT a WASR

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    1967???:dunno:

Romania made Title I importable receivers during the Cold War? And State Department let them import it?:dunno:
    No!
    The WASR that the OP is talking about was one of many made from de-milled or surplus rifles dating back to the 60's. The rifles were kept in arsenals until Century Arms contracted to buy the rifles after they'd been rebuilt on single stack receivers in Romania.
    When the rifles get to the US, Century has them milled out to double stack configuration. (Sometimes poorly)
    The date on the trunnion is the original manufacture date.
    BTW
    The WASR's dated in the 60's and early 70's are preferred because they were made for the Romanian Civil Guard and are somewhat better quality than those made in the later years of The Soviet Unions control of Romania.

Top Bottom