Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What's next?

So-called "sniper rifles".

Remember a few years ago when there was a call to not let us own accurate rifles like the Model 1896 Swedish Mauser?

They were referred to as "sniper rifles" that civilians have no need for.

In other words, they will keep disarming us until all we can own is a "blunderbuss".

Then when that's all we have, they'll outlaw those too because ALL shootings are done with them...:laugh:

AT THE SAME TIME, the government will continue to advance weapon technology so they can used to keep the masses under control when we slide into being a bankrupt police state...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    After an "assault weapon" ban it would be all semi auto long guns and pistols, then and repeater lever/pump action and magazine capacity will be limited to two.

Just look to countries that have already done it- I used Britain as an example and New Zealand and Australia are similar.

OR you could go the way of Germany and anything is legal but more and more restrictions on carry- buying and transfers to the point possession itself is regulated.

Don't think it will happen? The Second Amendment protects you? HA! That is a SCOTUS decision away from being effectively nullified. An Amendment away from being repealed and dozens of laws away from turning every single American Citizen into a felon at the mercy of police.

It won't happen in our lifetimes but at the rate we have been going, it won't take much longer than that. Hopefully there will still be that necessary 3% to make it right again.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After an "assault weapon" ban it would be all semi auto long guns and pistols, then and repeater lever/pump action and magazine capacity will be limited to two.

Just look to countries that have already done it- I used Britain as an example and New Zealand and Australia are similar.

OR you could go the way of Germany and anything is legal but more and more restrictions on carry- buying and transfers to the point possession itself is regulated.

Don't think it will happen? The Second Amendment protects you? HA! That is a SCOTUS decision away from being effectively nullified. An Amendment away from being repealed and dozens of laws away from turning every single American Citizen into a felon at the mercy of police.

It won't happen in our lifetimes but at the rate we have been going, it won't take much longer than that. Hopefully there will still be that necessary 3% to make it right again.

You are absolutely correct except you are a bit optimistic on the timeframe or very pessimistic about your own life expectancy.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Hopefully there will still be that necessary 3% to make it right again.

III% :rockwoot: . Repubs control the house, democrats control the senate but if the independents vote repub we have it.... SO I don't see another AWB another time soon. These people want to keep their jobs

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    III% :rockwoot: . Repubs control the house, democrats control the senate but if the independents vote repub we have it.... SO I don't see another AWB another time soon. These people want to keep their jobs

that is true --- however I don't believe that the occupant of the white house
    will really follow any rules and/or law with respect to the US Constitution.
    He will do what he has done for 4 years ---- Executive Order
    and say take it to the Supreme Court.
    This empty suit has no respect for the US Constitution.
    He will do whatever he wants to do without even considering using congress
    when it comes to this. Dont forget his buddy at Justice dept --- Eric the Great hates guns, so i am sure the DOJ will say go ahead, you have our stamp of approval.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    :yesway: We fix this in our generation.

I think our best bet is to recruit and mentor new gun owners as quick as possible.

I'm breeding my own. Colt 1.5 yrs and Remington 3 months old ;)

And Mosin, don't count on Repubs doing anything besides advancing their own agendas. They would put your gun rights on the chopping block in a second if it meant keeping tax breaks or preventing corporate regulations.

Just be glad the Ds want to tax the rich and corporations more than they want to take away your guns right now.

Top Bottom