• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not looking for anything specific, but I just wanted to know more about what is said in various threads about steel quality. I know the link doesn't provide an exhaustive list of all steels, but it is a good start.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The pivot screw came out of my Chris Reeve Sebbie last night when sharpening it.

I've got to scour the mancave tonight or call 'em and beg another.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    The pivot screw came out of my Chris Reeve Sebbie last night when sharpening it.

holy knife rookie! :D

i always disassemble things inside a plastic bag. except for the times when i DON'T disassemble them inside a plactic bag and lose things.......

:n00b:

and i bet i have $100 of pins, screws, pivots, and the like on the floor of my shop. all from projects i was behind on, or in a hurry for, or didn't have anymore parts for. they are there.... i just don't know where!!!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    holy knife rookie! :D

i always disassemble things inside a plastic bag. except for the times when i DON'T disassemble them inside a plactic bag and lose things.......

:n00b:

and i bet i have $100 of pins, screws, pivots, and the like on the floor of my shop. all from projects i was behind on, or in a hurry for, or didn't have anymore parts for. they are there.... i just don't know where!!!

you wouldn't think you would be able to lose something in 1 square foot of floor but I've done it more than enough times not to know better.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers

It's not a successful rebuild unless you have left-over parts. If you do this task monthly, eventually, you will have two knives (I'm slowly doing this with a large diesel truck, it's not going so well).

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    pirate.gif

;)

Top Bottom