What now? My normal shoulder doc moved to Arizona. Dr. Misamore or I. U. Med?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You are just a pup then :) Another alternative if you have retorn your previous repair would be a procedure called a superior capsular reconstruction. Badman can do these, sort of doubt Misamore is doing them. It does nothing to address your arthritis (no cartilage), but does provide some reinforcement to your cuff. It involves a graft being placed arthroscopically to take the place of the torn, irreparable tendons (rotator cuff). It is showing excellent promise as an alternative to a reverse for younger folks. I am guessing the surgeon I work with has done more of these than anyone in the state right now. Anyways, let me know if you have any questions.

BoilerWes has a good point the SCR may be an option, an article came out late last year showing good two year post-surgical outcomes (small sample size though).

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    SCR is interesting. Wes, are saying that Badman is the dude you are working for or it another cat? I want the best.

I don't know how many times I have heard from my back doc (Dr. Jim Hardacker tell my wife that my skeletal structure is like an 85 year old from a 3rd world country [I grew up poor with gov't nutrition])!

I had multiple problems from my prior military service so that has compounded many prenatal and congenital areas I inherited. Long suffering is a virtue and I'm glad chicks dig scars as I have plenty! Ha!!

Top Bottom