• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Dont know how much your premiums are but mine are 19,500 a year 3600 of which come out of my pocket, is the corporation i work for really paying 15,900 a year out of their pocket for my health insureance?

Had a insurance meeting monday, now since companys have to post the premiums our w2, all the sudden the average premium is around $5000.00

why would a company lie to their employees about the amount they are paying for premiums?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    And I thought I was getting jacked on insurance at $ 13,200.00 per year.

I do have good insurance with a low deductible,
    you must have had great insurance with no deductible.

Pretty pathetic for both of us, none the less.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    And I thought I was getting jacked on insurance at $ 13,200.00 per year.

I do have good insurance with a low deductible,
    you must have had great insurance with no deductible.

Pretty pathetic for both of us, none the less.

my deductable is 2000.00 25.00 copay 100.00 copay if you go to hospital.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    How do you know they weren't telling you the truth before and are lieing now?

Cadillac health insurance plans (which it sounds like you have) are penalized under the new legislation. It sounds to me, like they're reporting it in such a way that they're saving your ass.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's also possible that you were self insured through the company before, and are now insured through an Anthem or Wellpoint.

Normally Anthem and Wellpoint just administer self insured business policies.

They could have also changed how they account retiree health insurance benefits, and excluded them from the work force, resulting in a lower premium for you, but still a high legacy cost for the company.

When you start to dig into the nuts and bolts of these things, it gets interesting really quick.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I'm 47 and pay $213 a month for my personal health insurance policy. I'm not on a group plan where my risk is lumped in with everyone else. The rates have gone up $40 a month over 3 years. I have a $6K a year deductable, then everything is picked up at 100% of normal and customary. I've not filled out a single form because my health care expenditures don't come close to the $6K deductable.

Health insurance is affordable and available. You just have to look for it.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Dont know how much your premiums are but mine are 19,500 a year 3600 of which come out of my pocket, is the corporation i work for really paying 15,900 a year out of their pocket for my health insureance?

Had a insurance meeting monday, now since companys have to post the premiums our w2, all the sudden the average premium is around $5000.00

why would a company lie to their employees about the amount they are paying for premiums?

Is it possible the $19,900 your company referred to is for ALL your benefits, which would include vacation, 401K match or retirement account, etc, etc? :dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Could you expound a little on this? I can't tell from what you've written where the lie comes in.

Top Bottom