• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    It would be nice if it actually happened, in one sense. But on the other hand, you have to keep in mind that the government would then be putting limits on how people/businesses can spend their money. Obama ignored as many of these rules in 2008 as he could.

Personally, I think its BS that people are so easily swayed by 30 second TV commercials. Complete morons.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It would be nice if it actually happened, in one sense. But on the other hand, you have to keep in mind that the government would then be putting limits on how people/businesses can spend their money. Obama ignored as many of these rules in 2008 as he could.

Personally, I think its BS that people are so easily swayed by 30 second TV commercials. Complete morons.

I see your point on the limits..... in the end I don't think it would matter really.

I have personanaly in person seen politicans get drunk/fed every night when the house was in secession and it was all paid by someone who worked for a rather well known buisness man..... this buisness man has a few big buisness that needed legeslation passed for the buisnesses to get started....

They all passed.

Not saying they would have not passed... just saying it does not look good at all.......... and were it happend no reporter would ever get pictures or audio....... well..... it would cost a chunck of change to get in an be rather hard......... and even then unless you got someone to say something you would just have pictures of all of them in one room drinking with this guy...... you say youc could get the receipt but that would be even harder.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    What business is it of the government's to tell me to whom I may or may not give my money?

I guess in a way I see it like racing.. a lot of classes put rules in place to help keep it a level playing feild and the costs for the teams down......

I do agree that you should be able to spend as much as you want but if a company gives millions and millions to a person running for president and everyone else can only give say 100k each then guess who will get the "hook up" if that person is elected.......

In the end it is like the big companies and unions would then have their hands on the presidents strings and the president would have his hands in their pockets...... He tells them no and the money goes away........

Can't become or stay president unless you have $$$........

Armold said it best...... "They can't pay me or bribe me..... because I allready have more money then they do". Refering to the money he has made over the years.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    What business is it of the government's to tell me to whom I may or may not give my money?

It's not you, it's the special interest groups. And it should be the people telling them, not the government. We live in a political world where the right amount of money can literally buy a seat. Network television does this and it makes me sick. I believe candidates should have a somewhat level playing field when it comes to media exposure and the public stage. I'm not really sure how to go about this without "over regulating" campaigning, but I do feel like campaign finance reform is a necessary part of political progress.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    It sounds like our essential failure, as citizenry, is that not enough of us pay attention to the way our representatives vote and we don't make politicians who pay more attention to "big money" lobbyists than us pay for their choices by voting them out of office. At this point, enough of us are probably mad enough to elect different representation for ourselves that we can stop the worst of Big G's depredations for the moment, but unless we somehow sustain the current trend, we'll probably fall back asleep and they'll go right back to ignoring us again.

Top Bottom