• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Looking at the 870 Tactical or Saiga 12 right now, but I'm looking for other options. I would like to have it somewhat defense wise, since I do not have my AR decked out for it.

Can you even get the Saiga's around here?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Looking at the 870 Tactical or Saiga 12 right now, but I'm looking for other options. I would like to have it somewhat defense wise, since I do not have my AR decked out for it.

Can you even get the Saiga's around here?

I bought a couple of BENELLI M1 SUPER 90, for when SHTF:rockwoot:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You can find a Saiga12 bone stock for about $900 now...it's crazy. I'm in the same boat as you. I'd like a Saiga12 but i'm looking into other autoloaders and possibly a pump.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    870 Police Magnum...
    remington870policemagnu.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Even if you can find a saiga 12, they are a gun for someone who has some tools, and know how when it comes to guns. They're not a gun you take home, load up, and prop in the corner.

Since nobody seems to know about them, and since I've recently grown extremely fond of the, I have to suggest the Weatherby 459!

Think of it as a cross between a benelli supernova and an 870, without the awful grouping the benelli delivers. It's also going to be under $400.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Even if you can find a saiga 12, they are a gun for someone who has some tools, and know how when it comes to guns. They're not a gun you take home, load up, and prop in the corner.

Anyone that can fire aa Rem 1100 or Mossy 500 can effectively use a Saiga 12. Bone stock Saiga's want high powered ammo and if you give it to them you won't have a problem. No tools required.

Tools enter the picture when (1) you want an "as imported" S12 to look like an AK and/or (2) you want to shoot low powered ammo (Wally World Value Packs, etc.). A stock S12 will fire slugs and buck w/o issue as long as you feed them hot loads; stay away from "low recoil" and birdshot unless you're willing to tweak your Saiga.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    that 870 police is beautiful. Excuse me for my ignorance but thats a 'pump' right?

I love the looks of that SPX also. How much does that one go for? And would they call that bolt action?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone that can fire aa Rem 1100 or Mossy 500 can effectively use a Saiga 12. Bone stock Saiga's want high powered ammo and if you give it to them you won't have a problem. No tools required.

Tools enter the picture when (1) you want an "as imported" S12 to look like an AK and/or (2) you want to shoot low powered ammo (Wally World Value Packs, etc.). A stock S12 will fire slugs and buck w/o issue as long as you feed them hot loads; stay away from "low recoil" and birdshot unless you're willing to tweak your Saiga.

It's just ashame to see a saiga in "ban" clothing.

They really need the conversion for proper balance and ergonomics. And from a 922r standpoint, if you ever want to use anything over 5 round capacity.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I personally think you can find more tactical accessories for the saiga... extra barrels on the other hand you'll never find for the saiga.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Have you looked in the "shotgun show and tell" section of long guns. Some of the INGO members have some very nice shotguns (new and old school) that would suffice for home defense.

For $600 you can easily buy a suitable home defense shotgun (used or new). Now if you want a super tacticool toy, that is another matter. lol

Pick something practical (12, 16, or 20 guage) that your family can comfortably or safely operate, when you can't.

Good luck and have fun. lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom