• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Boyd Gunstocks has a tactacool rimfire line of stocks that are hardwood coated with some kind of flat black textured coating, anyone know what they use to coat them with? Or know of anything that will achieve the same ending results? I'm looking to make a tactical stock for my marlin Monel 60 since no one makes one other then ATI. ( I had one and didn't really care for it). Thanks for imput. I'm thinkning maybe something like a spray on truck bed liner thinned out. But not sure how it would turn out.
    (Before)
    iphone184.jpg

iphone183.jpg

(After)
    iphone200.jpg

iphone198.jpg

iphone199.jpg

Last edited:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Haven't seen the stock your talking about, but my brother "Rhino Lined" a .270 wood stock...looked kinda neat, but was shiny. Think the shop sprayed it pretty cheap too. Maybe the have flattener they could add to it now a days, he did his a while ago. He just taped it off and dropped it off.

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    try some skid not paint from Lowes,they can color it whatever you want. I used it on my porch with high traffic area and its still holding up after 10 years.
    Just a sugestion

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I ended up buying a rattle can of duplicolor truck bed coating and using it. If you didn't know any better you would think it was a synthetic stock. It turned out absolutely perfect. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Top Bottom