What's a good diesel technical school in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Whatever you decide, be very very very very very VERY wary of For Profit "schools".

By and large, none of them are worth the money it takes to get a diploma from them. (this is also sage advice for anyone who may read this, not just those looking into auto / diesel tech)

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Update:

My cousin was, for a short time, a diesel mechanic for Raisor Ford in Lafayette. I asked him where he got his schooling / training. He just told me that he got his training direct from the manufacturers. He only listed three: Cat(erpillar), Cummins, and Ford. He worked on road-going vehicles.

And, overall, he didn't do that job too terribly long before moving on/up to manage the shop at the Raisor PowerSports dealership.

-J-

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So pretty much school is normally for fools and I should work my way up somewhere?

That's not what most have told you at all. You will NOT get a job making the big money and working on the serious jobs for a looooong time unless you have formal training.

If you want to be doing brake jobs and changing shocks until you're 40, be my guest.

Then again, I don't turn wrenches anymore for a living, so perhaps my information is a bit dated. But having sold parts + turned wrenches for a few years, I can tell you that every shop has people who are good and get the good work and others who are crap.

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    Wyotech if you don't mind going out of state, Lincoln if you want to stay in-state. I don't think you'll have a difficult time finding a good job regardless. Congrats on being proactive!

Top Bottom