What's the Difference between a Mini and a full Appleseed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Recently this question has come up and the answer will be added to the FAQ, but I wanted to make the difference clear:

Mini's are intended to be an introduction and followup on the full Appleseed events.

The course of instruction for a mini includes:

• Prone Position
    • Sling use for the Prone Position
    • Red Coat targets
    • Introduction to the Army Qualification Test (AQT)
    • Historical Leadup to the Revolution

For those who have been to a full Appleseed there will be a few AQT's run at the end of every Mini, this is the followup aspect to the Mini and will only be shot by those who have been to a full 'seed.

The Full Appleseed carries beyond the mini with:

• All the shooting positions (Standing, Sitting/Kneeling, Prone)
    • The full history (all three strikes and "dangerous old men").
    • Meal breaks and often camping.
    • Team games
    • Diagnostic exercises (Ball & Dummy, etc.)
    • More AQT's than you can shake a stick at!

You do NOT have to attend a mini before a full Appleseed, or visa versa.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What's that ^ for?

The AQTs are timed courses of fire including all three positions, transitions into positions, multiple target adjustments, mag changes, etc.
    They are scored just like the military does to qualify you at a level of proficiency. The Appleseed Rifleman score relates to the expert level score on the AQT.

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    Does anyone do "mini" appleseeds anymore? I want to introduce my son to appleseed and I think a "mini" Like dave used to have in cloverdale would be a great introduction before attending a regular seed. we live in Ohio now but we can drive a coupla hours for some good shooting and instruction.

308jake

Master
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If you are looking for 1 day events, check the Reveres Riders sub forum for the 2016 schedule. Most of the Indiana instructors have switched from AS to RR.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Does anyone do "mini" appleseeds anymore? I want to introduce my son to appleseed and I think a "mini" Like dave used to have in cloverdale would be a great introduction before attending a regular seed. we live in Ohio now but we can drive a coupla hours for some good shooting and instruction.

As 308Jake said, almost all of the former AS instructors have become Revere's Rider instructors. We will be holding one day rifle events and pistol events through out the year. I'm not sure where you are in OH, but we just checked out a new range near Deputy IN, which is on the South Eastern side of IN. Hopefully we will have an event or two there later this summer. Paperwork is going to be the death of all of us.

Top Bottom