Whats the gun trade that you most regret?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    i traded this:

picture.php

For this:

picture.php

I know I know. let the bashing begin, I've bashed myself a few times

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Ah the ones we let go.... There are a few that have left my hands that I wish I still had, some I have replaced with the same gun shortly there after. Either way it gets easier with time I suppose. :(

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Having a cheap shooting gun is never a bad idea! Heck I have traded a gun for mass quantities of ammo just so I didn't have to buy a bunch! You will get another pistol like that someday if it's meant to be.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I regret just about every gun I got rid of; mostly because I've found new shooters that would have gotten a kick out of shooting them or to just have in the collection. The only one I really genuinely regret is my Glock 35 because it was my first of many Glocks and the one my wife actually talked me into getting.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I had a beautiful S&W model 66 snubbie with the round butt that I traded for a Colt Double Eagle .45 POS when they first came out. To this day I can't think of that 66 without wanting to kick myself in the arse.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    My pre-series II Kimber Custom for a NIB Glock 20 and NIB Glock 26. Seemed like a decent 2 for 1 deal at the time. I probably did come out ahead in some way, but I sure do miss that Kimber.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Traded off a Beretta Centurion 96 ( most accurate pistol I had owned by the way) for a 1917 nickle plated Colt 1911 .The Colt sat on the shelf most of the time & could not bring myself to shoot it as much as I did the Beretta .

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    at the time i rationalized it by cost of ammo. probably the worst decision ive ever made lol
    Got any more .357's sitting around? I have a Marlin M-60 I'll trade you!
    :D I traded a FN-49 in 8mm and an old Charter Arms off duty for an old Fox sawn off shotgun (18 1/2" bbl)

Last edited:

kturner100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    SE Indiana
    Ditto the 96 Centurion - traded one in and don't remember now what I traded for but that .40 Centurion was extremely accurate and kept getting better. That the one I miss.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Cherry Camp .45.

I shoot my guns and take them camping, hunting, fishing, etc. It would have lost a lot of value. I therefore traded it to a collector.

Still, with the mods I did (recoil buffer and stronger recoil spring) it was an awesome weapon and perfect companion to my 1911.

I want another one, one I wouldn't feel guilty actually using!

Josh

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    When my new bride pulled a bonehead with her new credit card and we needed money I had to sell the colt 1911 that I bought new on my 21st birthday. It was a great gun and the one I learned how to shoot a pistol on. I traded it for the much needed cash. You gotta do what you gotta do, but there's hardly a day goes by where I don't check the newest classifides on this website for my old 1911. Some day it'll show up here and I buy it back.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Of the belief that if you deal with guns enough, it will happen sooner or later. Wish I had the Alzheimers or my Smith back.

Top Bottom