• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I demil'ed all of mine and sold the components. I did keep a little powder and use it to light the wood stove when I'm in a hurry to get a fire going. About 2 pounds does the job pretty good. I have to wear a faceshield and welding leathers. It scares the dog when I do that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just curiosity.

I usually have +/-

1000 -7.62x39
    [strike]1000 - 7.62x54r[/strike]
    1000 - .22lr
    500 - .45acp
    [strike]200 - .32acp[/strike]
    500 - 12gauge

If I had a 'stockpile' like that I'd be twitching and nervous.

I probably have 3x to 5x your amount in 7.62x39, 5x your amount in 22lr, 5x your amount in 45acp, about your amount in 12gauge, a similar amount in 20 gauge, roughly 5000 rounds in 5.56, probably 3000 rounds of 9mm, another 2000 rounds of 6.5 Grendel, 2000 rounds of 308, 500 rounds of 458 Socom, 500 in 38 Super . . . I know I'm missing a few others.

I'm actually looking to order a couple thousand more rounds of 45acp because I'm so low.

But nothing in 7.62x54r or .32acp.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ammunition? Yeah, I may be able to lay my hand to some. How many M193s for a breeding pair of chickens? How many 7.62x39 for rabbits? How many .45ACP for a horse? Yeah, I think maybe we can make a deal.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Apparently I need to start buying more

Larger stockpiles aren't required, but there are number of good reasons to have one. If you go out and fire your gun once/year then maybe 1 or 2 boxes is fine to have on hand. If you are young and/or poor, you may not be able to afford to keep more on hand. But here are some reasons for more:

1. Cheaper to buy in quantity. Ammo keeps indefinitely if stored properly, so why not avoid rising prices?
    2. Some of us like shooting significantly more then 50 rounds at a session. :)
    3. Participating in shooting sports will use a lot.
    4. Not sure how long you have been into guns, but most of us remember the ammo shortages from two years ago when local store shelves were nearly cleaned out and you had a hard time finding enough ammo for your next session.
    5. There are legitimate concerns about govt actions against gun owners. Everything from EPA regulation to import restrictions to "assault weapons" restrictions have been proposed at different points.
    6. In a SHTF situation, you may not be able to go out and buy ammo, but instead need for yourself or for possible barter.

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Don't be afraid to tell how much ammo you have. Just make sure to bring it to our next INGO boating trip coming up very soon to rocky reef, right off of sunken ship bay. Once again inept Charles the one eyed sailor will be our captain! :D

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I lost all my ammo when I lost all my guns.
    Yes, I had everything on the same boat, and after the accident I lost everything.
    Rookie mistake.
    Never take the INGO boat trip!
    I think other menbers lost lots of ammo that day too.

It's ok the police is here to keep us same anyway so who needs ammo or guns. :)

Where's the lake or river you guys took the Trip at? I want to go scuba diving and harvest all these guns and ammo you guys lost.

Top Bottom