• ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Seems like forever since I've had the time, but it worked out today and I got to send some lead downrange with my 629 and GP100. Over the winter I gave them both some love with new Altamont grips. Love the snakeskin on the Ruger, and the walnut Bateleur is damn fine feeling in the hand.

revolvers 1.jpg revolvers 2.jpg revolvers 3.jpg revolvers 4.jpg

And a big shout out and Thank You to our own Boss Hoss for the work he recently did to the 629....it's amazing how much better the action feels!!

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Fine looking pair of revolvers! Also have a 629 Classic 6.5" . Will have to start shooting again this fall/winter. Used to have a GP100 in the late 1980s, I di miss that one!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Nice looking revolvers there! I noticed the Vortex and Holosun red dots. How do you like them on your revolvers? Did you have to get special mounting setups made for each?

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I used Raptor Engineering mounts for both the Smith and the Ruger. They are still out of business from the fires last year....Raptor Engineering

Allchin also makes similar mounts...Allchin Gun Parts

As to the dots, I like them both. I went with the Holosun on the Smith partly because it has the same mounting foorprint as the "gold standard" RMR. I figured if it couldn't handle the recoil of a 44mag, then I would replace it with the spendier RMR. So far it hasn't missed a beat.
    On the Ruger, I used one of the refurb Venoms I bought from AAOptics when he had them for silly cheap. It's also worked perfectly so far.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I need a full sized revolver in my life , right after I get a semi auto shotgun. Those are some good looking wheel guns , I like the RDS mounting system

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Seems like forever since I've had the time, but it worked out today and I got to send some lead downrange with my 629 and GP100. Over the winter I gave them both some love with new Altamont grips. Love the snakeskin on the Ruger, and the walnut Bateleur is damn fine feeling in the hand.

View attachment 157046 View attachment 157047 View attachment 157048 View attachment 157049

And a big shout out and Thank You to our own Boss Hoss for the work he recently did to the 629....it's amazing how much better the action feels!!
    Now I want to add a red dot to my Taurus Model 44. I even found a mount that replaced the rear sight.

Also found the Dot sight I'll use.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Magnum revolvers = good, good, good! I have a GLOCK and love it, but there's just something about a steel wheel that sets mine heart aflutter. ❤

This Redhawk has been my companion recently as I explore the vast, beautiful landscape that is .44 Magnum country.

Attachments

• 20210515_151002.jpg
      20210515_151002.jpg
      4.1 MB · Views: 5
    Top Bottom