Where have all the machineguns threads gone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    OK it's spring, time to start seeing more transferable machine gun threads ;-)

A quick check of the first three pages found three threads on machine guns, one in connection with the new media not liking trusts (loop hole) and two on post sample machine guns. Thus ended up taking INGO off my regular checking list and come back every week or month and see if anything on transferable machine guns that got posted.

Realize cost factors limit the number of transferable one gets and thus redirecting interest to suppressors and SBRs plus this last winters ammo spike/shortage caught those that don't buy ammo four to ten years in advance. However, makes it hard to find the machine gun threads, which in turn decreases the machine gun treads and drives them to other locations.

Probably not worth it's own full auto section, with no postings, however, any good way to short / filter the threads?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    With the ammo spike, I would think that people interested in cheaper MGs (Mac 10s and the like) might be a bit turned off. I would like one, but I cant afford the ammo, so Im not all that interested in talking about them. Now the more expensive MGs (WW2 guns, M16s, etc) if you can afford the gun, you should be able to afford the ammo.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Since I love MG's Ill what little I have to talk about to try and stir up some conversation.

A few weeks back I got together with some guys I know for a day of shooting. Little did I know when I got there, that the guy whos place we were at owned an M60, M16, and (though not really an MG) a 1919 semi in a bump fire cradle. Another guy was there with his Sten, not sure what Mk series, and I brought my M11/9. I got to shoot about 100rds through the 60, and a couple mag dumps from the M16. It was a lot of fun considering we had a bunch of old cars to shoot at. The Sten quit working as soon as I tried to shoot it. Pretty sure it was a broken firing pin. And I did some tweaking on M11 with the TASK slowfire system, changed buffer for a heavier one and clipped the M11 bolt spring to just short enough to hold everything in place. I got a really nice slower rate of fire that made it considerable more controllable.

I dont have much else to add, except that I seen alot of them at The Creek that I couldnt afford.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    im still waiting on my rll stamp to show..... then i can post some vids and pics
    havnt really had the mac 10 out ammo is the main reason cant even get supplies to reload for it

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    I should be receiving my tax stamp for my M11/9 sometime in June. I already have all the Lage goodies and a suppressor for it. I have spent most of the winter trying to stock up on ammo, which as you all no hasn't been easy. Looking forward to bringing home my first machine gun soon.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I should be receiving my tax stamp for my M11/9 sometime in June. I already have all the Lage goodies and a suppressor for it. I have spent most of the winter trying to stock up on ammo, which as you all no hasn't been easy. Looking forward to bringing home my first machine gun soon.

You'll love it. Just make sure you get a 22 conversion for it. I have more fun shooting 22 with it than I do 9mm

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    You'll love it. Just make sure you get a 22 conversion for it. I have more fun shooting 22 with it than I do 9mm

I got on the waiting list for the 22 conversion kit back in September. I got the email this week saying it was finally ready. It should be on the porch in a couple days. Now, just need for 22 ammo to start showing up again!

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Which 22 conversion kit for the M16/RLL? I am looking at one this year for the M16A1 and close friend (out of state) got a couple RLL a year ago, so checking on RLL options also.

Ammo is not a major factor as I tend to buy a few years ahead, after seeing the shortages for Y2K, the first AWB (mostly guns) and one or two others lean times for ammo. Purchased enough 5.56 ammo the night O got elected the first time, that I am still shooting on it with the M16A1, Shrike, HKs and MM23eK .... so the next election and a year plus ago got three times as much ;-).

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Which 22 conversion kit for the M16/RLL? I am looking at one this year for the M16A1 and close friend (out of state) got a couple RLL a year ago, so checking on RLL options also.

Ammo is not a major factor as I tend to buy a few years ahead, after seeing the shortages for Y2K, the first AWB (mostly guns) and one or two others lean times for ammo. Purchased enough 5.56 ammo the night O got elected the first time, that I am still shooting on it with the M16A1, Shrike, HKs and MM23eK .... so the next election and a year plus ago got three times as much ;-).

Yep, we were talking about the M11/9 22 conversions, but I would think a dedicated upper with a CMMG bolt would be perfect for your A1. Just make sure to get anti-bounce and sear trip for it. And if you really wanna have fun with it, get an AM180 drum adapter from A&D Armament (aka Bazooka Brothers). I have one for the M11 and its fun as all get out. Unfortunately your friend with the RLL is out of luck since there is no 22 conversion that'll work with them, that I know of at least.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    How does that work? I get that as the charging handle moves forward it would depress the trigger, but wouldn't the trigger still be held down by your finger?

Top Bottom