• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I made a real quick stop at Dave's Gun Shop yesterday.
    He did not have an XL650. In fact he said that he didn't recall having ever sold one.
    He did have I think just one RL550 and several Square Deal.... can't remember what they're called now. (edit = Square Deal B)
    I also saw lots of primer tubes, Dillon dies, strong mounts, spare parts kits, charge bars, roller handles ect ect.
    Of course the place is loaded with other reloading tools, components, guns ect.
    They're good people and just tell you the way it is. They don't blow smoke or pressure you trying to make a sale. They also don't treat you like dirt if you walk in and say that you're just there to kill time and look around.
    I need to get down to Red Ghost. I've never heard anything but good about them.

Edit II : Dave's said they could get an XL650, the same with any other Dillon dealer I suppose.
    Of course any of us could order one, but I like to buy local any time it's feasable, and hanging out at a good gun shop is never a bad thing either.

Last edited:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I found a used one, Near my dad for $400 with dies and a scale, calipers, pickup tubes, spare parts kit, and a roller handle, 400 primers and 250 brass, so I went used

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    iagree.gif
    I tried buying local but couldn't get a response, and as everyone states, unless you buy used the price is what it is, unless you hit a free shipping offer which I did when I got my 650xl.

I could not afford the 650 with the case feeder so I just got the 650, then ordered the case feeder when I had the cash, so I am building mine incrementally, with a bullet feeder to follow some time between now and a year from now.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I made a real quick stop at Dave's Gun Shop yesterday.
    He did not have an XL650. In fact he said that he didn't recall having ever sold one.
    He did have I think just one RL550 and several Square Deal.... can't remember what they're called now. (edit = Square Deal B)
    I also saw lots of primer tubes, Dillon dies, strong mounts, spare parts kits, charge bars, roller handles ect ect.
    Of course the place is loaded with other reloading tools, components, guns ect.
    They're good people and just tell you the way it is. They don't blow smoke or pressure you trying to make a sale. They also don't treat you like dirt if you walk in and say that you're just there to kill time and look around.
    I need to get down to Red Ghost. I've never heard anything but good about them.

Edit II : Dave's said they could get an XL650, the same with any other Dillon dealer I suppose.
    Of course any of us could order one, but I like to buy local any time it's feasable, and hanging out at a good gun shop is never a bad thing either.

I went to Daves first time a couple sundays back.
    In all actuality, Snowrs was the one who told me about Daves and that they were open on Sundays. For me, working 6 days a week with only 1 saturday off a month,plus bi-weekly shift rotation, its really hard to get to a gunshop except on sundays.
    Really a nice place to go shop. Besides clean, it's spacious not cluttered.
    They'll be getting alot of my business from now on out.
    Red Ghost is a good place too. Not really much in guns to look at, but they got quite a bit in reloading. Only thing I can say is that it's small and cluttered.

I found a used one, Near my dad for $400 with dies and a scale, calipers, pickup tubes, spare parts kit, and a roller handle, 400 primers and 250 brass, so I went used

You find that in E-ville?
    Regardless good find.......I'm jealous! :D

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I went to Daves first time a couple sundays back.
    In all actuality, Snowrs was the one who told me about Daves and that they were open on Sundays. For me, working 6 days a week with only 1 saturday off a month,plus bi-weekly shift rotation, its really hard to get to a gunshop except on sundays.
    Really a nice place to go shop. Besides clean, it's spacious not cluttered.
    They'll be getting alot of my business from now on out.
    Red Ghost is a good place too. Not really much in guns to look at, but they got quite a bit in reloading. Only thing I can say is that it's small and cluttered.

You find that in E-ville?
    Regardless good find.......I'm jealous! :D

No my Dad and Mom live in Maine. They are coming out here for Thanksgiving so he will bring it then.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Holly cow....Maine>>>Indiana. If theres no corn or beans out there I think I'd stay in Maine.
    Kind of like my in-laws in N Minnesota. All big woods and lakes. Nearest corn field is 70 mi south of them.
    I scratch my head everytime we're up there wondering why I live in a God forsaken humid corn belt.
    Then I remember why when we get our paychecks each week. If money up there could come close to what we make here, we'd be gone, never to see the midwest again.

Still a really good find. Wish I could come across a deal like that.

Iluvguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    i know the OP already bought his press but for anyone else that hasnt but is looking take a look at grafs if you have your Curio and Relic license

They offer a pretty good discount on dillon items

Top Bottom