• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Armslist,Hoosier Topics or INGO seems to be all the same nowadays. I do have some 22 ammo though of your interested. Only $80 for 225 rounds. But they are Golden Boolits!

TR1032

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    Can't seem to find my maverick 88 on here.

I think the folks here being gun enthusiasts will tend to have guns with more modifications and thus higher prices.

I just want some base model stuff.

And I'd like to be able to walk into a place and look around.

They're not used, but Bradis has the Maverick 88 listed in their weekly specials this week.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If you are looking for a used Mav 88, those are kinda rare. Most owners buy them and they are cheap enough to not put their owners into hock, but decent enough for their owners to keep them. Also, the used price isn't very much diff than the new price, so why not go new?

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    If you are looking for a used Mav 88, those are kinda rare. Most owners buy them and they are cheap enough to not put their owners into hock, but decent enough for their owners to keep them. Also, the used price isn't very much diff than the new price, so why not go new?

Yeah, that's what I'm coming to realize.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Went to Bradis the other day, they had new ones, I can get them cheaper online but not by much, so I might just go with that.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I know the Camby gun store is a popular place but they are in the business of selling new firearms. I've shopped used guns there and seldom find anything interesting. But, it doesn't hurt to look at all the local gun stores. Occasionally, you'll find a nice apple laying on the ground.

Now, having said that. Once upon a time, I found at Bradis a very rare stainless Ruger New York Police Department version of the Police Service Six revolver with a 4 inch barrel in excellent condition. Not knowing exactly what I had, I sold it at a gun show for a nice profit. Now, I wish I still had it!

dmonsche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    You need to look at Westside Loan (pawn shop) on the west side (about 10TH & Tibbs). They usually have a fair display of used firearms. I've bought a couple pieces there. Also, look at 500 GUNS on west 16TH in Speedway. They deal mostly in used handguns. Dock's (pawn) on Meridian Street tends to be over price, a tad difficult to deal and has a few firearms. Otherwise, shop ARMSLIST and the local gun shows. Jerry's Pawn use to sell firearms but I think they might have gotten out of the business.
    I won't go in to 500 guns. I don't like the fact I have to be buzzed in. I know he's had some robbery attempts over the years but still.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I know the Camby gun store is a popular place but they are in the business of selling new firearms. I've shopped used guns there and seldom find anything interesting.

We are in the business of selling GUNS, period. New or used, doesn't matter to us as long as we get your money! ;) That said, "interesting" is in the eye of the beholder. We do take in a fair number of used guns, but they tend to go very quickly.

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Plainfield shooting supply.... good selection, reasonably knowledgable... customer service could use some work
    The outdoorsman...greenwood... good selection, knowledgable.... prices are borderline ludicrous
    C&C midwest firearms.... clermont..... small selection but they just opened this year.... good prices ( just bought a M&P 9mm from them yesterday)
    Premier arms.... Brownsburg.... mostly used inventory but extensive... prices are fair...knowledgable....
    Indy Trading post.... Tiny store with too much inventory everywhere.... good selection... went there yesterday and the salesman couldnt answer a single question ( I already knew the answers) indoor range is terrible....
    Indiana gun club.... good selection... good prices.... knowledgable....
    500 guns.... never been there
    Dons guns..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... dont waste your time
    Bradis Guns.... Camby...excellent selection... knowledgable...friendly staff...bought two guns from them so far

There are more.... all of these are in indy or very close. Hope this helps

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I won't go to that LGS in Camby. A few days after the first AWB back in the 90's I had gone in the to purchase a BNIB Sig 229. There was a tag on the box that stated something like "due to the present ban all new weapons are now being shipped with 1-10rnd magazine" ( that's when hi-caps immediately went thru the roof in price). To me at the time made sense, but after getting home and thinking about it, it didn't make sense to me hoow they could have got a shipment from their distributor that quick. So I called SIG and gave them the serial number. Low and behold that specific weapon left the factory a few months earlier and with 2 hi-caps. Called that store and discussed iy with who I believe was the daughter of the owner. She apparently didn't like the fact that I called SIG and confronted her about her business practices. SIG did take care of me though..let me keep the 10 rounders and sent me 3 hi-caps and I didn't even ask.
    Since then I've never stepped foot iin that LGS.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    We are in the business of selling GUNS, period. New or used, doesn't matter to us as long as we get your money! ;) That said, "interesting" is in the eye of the beholder. We do take in a fair number of used guns, but they tend to go very quickly.

Camby store needs to get something soon that catches my eye so they can get more of my money!

Top Bottom