• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Parke County
    I'm looking into getting a 1911, and would like to know what shops have a lot of 1911's in stock so I can look at them and find out what I like the most. Specifically, I was looking into the new Smith and Wesson E-Series.

Thanks for any help.
    -Brock

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Elmore's in Greenwood has about the best selection on site. Bradis usually has 7 or 8 in the cabinet. IIRC, Indy Trading Post had a fair selection the last time I was there. Gander has a decent number as well. Don't buy at Gander, but it costs nothing to look and handle them.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Almost any good will gun shop will have some 1911's in stock, but the new S&W E series has been hard to keep on the shelves. Plainfield Shooting Supplies, Elmores, and Bradis immediately come to mind.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I'm looking into getting a 1911, and would like to know what shops have a lot of 1911's in stock so I can look at them and find out what I like the most. Specifically, I was looking into the new Smith and Wesson E-Series.

Thanks for any help.
    -Brock

Since you live here in Parke County give Dwane Pearson at Pearson Sports in Marshall a call and see what he has in stock or what he can get for you. You can also call Darrel Stonebraker at Darrel's Custom Firearms in Cayuga. Might as well give our local guys the business if you can. Another place to try is the country store in Morton. Steve usually has a lot of hand guns in stock and gets several used ones in as well. If you want to just see some and handle them, Gander Mountain in Terre Haute would be the closest for you.

Nothing wrong with the others listed, in fact I have purchased from most of them but I usually try and buy locally first.

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    When I was looking to buy one I was looking at S&W (not a E series), ended up with a Kimber. If I get another one it will be either another Kimber or a Colt (maybe a Para).

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you had asked a few weeks ago, Ludco guns in Parker city had a pile of 1911s (literally). I almost cried when the picture of the ATF getting their hands on all of those guns flashed on the news.
    After that, gander mountain usually has kimbers, sigs, and springers on the shelf. If you get lucky, they have some good deals on used ones as well. Plainfieild shooters supply is probably just a bit closer for you, and if none of them has anything that catches your eye, most smaller dealers will order anything that is available from their distributors.

X ring

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Check with Stan at Applied Ballistics, you never know what he is going to have in the case.:twocents:

Top Bottom