Where to go for 20th wedding anniversary?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    In early November my wife and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and I'm looking for ideas of where to take a 2-3 day get away. Not really looking to go too far maybe with in an easy drive of Indy: leaning towards Madison IN. Drove through there once and it looked like a nice relaxed place to visit. Really looking for something low key (low $ too.) Any feedback on Madison... Or other Ideas?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Have you considered downtown Indy for a long weekend? Aside from Chicago (which has all kinds of issues), Indy has lots to do in a weekend. If not, maybe the gorgeous hotel at West Baden, so long as you don't get sucked into gambling.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    we took our honeymoon around nashville, in. short drive but you still feel like youre getting away.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Singapore is nice. Avoid Manila—terrible crowds at the airport. :):

Congrats on 20! I will hit 44 this year. May God grant you another 20 at least.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Great ideas guys, Thank you.
    Now I have a few more places to research. Still welcoming more ideas if anyone has them.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Dinner and a stage play / opera / ballet?

Don't know your Ladys' tastes, but something SHE would really enjoy, maybe has mentioned at some time or other over the last 2 decades.

If it's something you wouldn't normally do, she'll dig that you went 'the extra mile'. YMMV, of course! :laugh:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Take US-31. You can get back on the Interstate at New Albany and bypass all the traffic. Plus, its a more interesting drive.

Yes, 31 is the way around the construction...kinda mostly. Of course, it'll be jam-packed now, too, due to everyone else using it.

Top Bottom