• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If there is a public place(not a truck stop, or Wallymart) my preference is a day meet, open area, and usually put "eyes on" before the meet. If the seller wants to see my ID, then I ask for his too. Same page ID/ Age. LTCH helps, but since you can't check backround... Handguns ok, not needed for long guns.

Sometimes my wife will go along(she is armed too)but stays in the car, off cellphone in any chance a 911 may be needed. Don't want to see two or three guys bail out of a vehicle, taking a perimeter formation. I will just leave if I feel threatened. Hurt feelings can heal, 3 vs 1 never computes to safety. Don't need drama.

Never had any INGO guys make me feel uncomfortable, most pretty cool and understand both of our desires to buy and sell.
    Just be alert, and do your sell thing/or buy.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have done deals at gun shops before. In fact the guy I bought from went in the shop and bought items with the money he got from me.

I would never do business again at a shop that treated me the way the guy treated you.

Agreed, I usually pick a gun shop, or a big box like Gander Mtn, etc. Everybody on INGO knows where the gun shops are, and its usually not a concern seeing a gun, and they are typically smaller parking lots, etc.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I have bought guns from members of this site with no problems using the sellers choice of location.
    I do tell the seller if anyone is going to be with me.
    Transactions from Craigs List require added steps.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    NOT a gun shop. Gun shops get cranky when people are seen exchanging cash for guns in their lots. I assume absent the whole story observers may think its the 2nd part of a straw purchase. I know firsthand. I met a user at a gun store for an ammo swap and we were confronted by an employee making sure it wasnt a firearm. He was cool with an ammo swap though.

I found the Culvers at 465 and Kentucky is an easy in/out and not too much traffic but not desolate either. And its not a bad neighborhood either.
    Yeah they get jealous

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Dont get me wrong, he was cool about it.

(from across the lot as he was heading to work) "That wasnt a gun transaction was it?"
    "Nope, just swapping some ammo"
    "OK, thats cool! Have a nice day!"

What business is it of his what you are doing? I would have told him to mind his own business.

On a side note I had a gun store employee become irate with me a few years back. He offered a customer $200.00 for a Glock 17 he was trying to sell. Being generous I offered the guy $300.00. The employee said I was unethical and said he wouldn't allow it. I laughed and walked side and completed the deal. To this day he still mean mugs me when I walked into the store.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What business is it of his what you are doing? I would have told him to mind his own business.

On a side note I had a gun store employee become irate with me a few years back. He offered a customer $200.00 for a Glock 17 he was trying to sell. Being generous I offered the guy $300.00. The employee said I was unethical and said he wouldn't allow it. I laughed and walked side and completed the deal. To this day he still mean mugs me when I walked into the store.

It was every bit of his business. We were on his property at the time. So you are saying I can meet somebody in your driveway to do a transaction and tell you to mind your business when you yell out your window at us then?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

He was right. You had NO business getting between him and his customer. Now, if the guy turned down the offer, you'd be ok to follow him out and make him an offer outside.

Top Bottom