• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Alright guys, I looking to get one of the lower priced 1911s, but don't want junk. will add better aftermarket parts as needed later on, but want it for a CC 1911. Just love they way they feel, shoot, and carry.

I've had a couple Kimbers in the past, and had to rid of them cause of financial situation at the time. Cant find one in my price range now. looking in the 500-600 range really.

what do u guys have in that range, And Where have u seen them in the Indy area. And let me know your shooting experience with it!! impart your 1911 knowledge.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    American Classic II, should be around 4-500 (guessing).
    Shoots really really well, for the money hard to beat. Is accurate, reliable... not sure what more you could really want.
    http://www.americanclassic1911.com/

Rock Island Armory is probably going to be your other recomended "cheap" 1911 option. From what I have seen they are very similar in features for the cost. But I have not personally shot a RIA 1911.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Forgot years ago I shot a buddys RIA 1911 and it was very unreliable with any mags he put through it. He ended up have to get it worked over. Prob just got a lemon. Keep looking to find a used Springfield or something on here, but nothing much lately.

Got a buddy who swears by the PT1911, but seen a lot with problems on here too.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The new ruger is right at $600.00 new. Has some good reviews and is US built

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Rock Island Armory is a great option.

I have not had any of the problems some have mentioned on here regarding magazines.

I have used at least a dozen mags through the RIAs from a variety of makers and all have fed just fine.

Heck, the RIAs even fire hollowpoints without failure.

NDgolfer13

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Avon
    I would continue to look for a used Springfield that has had some work done. I bought a loaded 1911A1 back in 1998 and paid around 475 I think. Maybe I got lucky but I think thats a good route. I think used guns if purchased properly (doing your research) is a good way to save money and add value.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If you don't need it for shooting right away here is what I do....but that's me :)

Fusion Firearms

Buy a kit for $679. buy parts a little at a time and build it yourself. You would still have a grand in it before your done but you would have a top shelf pistol.

I have done 3 of these, they are awesome pistols

Top Bottom