• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Ive heard CMC mags are one of the best, I was wondering which one specifically? Or are they all good. I have a RIA 1911a1 so Wilsons and some of the CMC mags are a bit too spicy for me. I can get a CMC shooting star mag with pad for $18 each. Another question is are the pads nessesary or is it just an asthetic part?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    They're probably all better than the stock mags (though, I admit, I do not know what comes with a RIA 1911...) The only time base pads are "necessary"-ish is if you have a magwell or similar thing that makes them much easier to grab, if necessary. Even then, I'd say "fix your gun and find mags that don't need to be pulled out...", but that's me.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I bought a used RIA. It came with a promag and a actmag. from what I heard the actmag is factory. The promag had the follower almost coming out past the feed lips and wouldnt fall from the magwell so I pushed it in and squeezed the lips together and now falls free when empty. They feed ball ammo fine however neither will feed JHP. Figured Id try new mags first.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've had much better luck with CMC Power Mags than I have with the Shooting Star mag in a variety (including) RIA 1911's.

That said, I've started using Colt brand 1911 mags. They can be had from Midway for under $20. Some folks really like the Check Mate mags with the Hybrid follower, I think I'll be trying those next just to see, though the CMC Powermags and Colt mags don't give me any issues.

Here's a little reading on 1911 mags & feeding 1911 Magazine Analysis: Feeding Time

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom