• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Winamac here. I need some fellow INGO members input...again. I am torn between buying a Colt AR15 6920 or a Springfield Armory Scout Squad. The main purpose of either would be just for plinking, and to have and to hold. And before someone suggests it. I cannot get both...not enough $$$$$$ in my bank account for that. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.:D

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Love both, but I'd suggest the Colt per your purpose of purchasing. Much cheaper to shoot, especially if you pick up a 22lr conversion. Don't expect much accuracy out of a conversion bolt, but it gets you lots of time behind the trigger on the cheap :twocents:

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I picked up my first AR, a Colt LT6720-R, from a LGS a few weeks back for a very good price and couldn't be happier. Depending on what total you're looking to spend you might even be able to get the Colt and an M&P15-22 later instead of the conversion barrel.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Winamac here. I need some fellow INGO members input...again. I am torn between buying a Colt AR15 6920 or a Springfield Armory Scout Squad. The main purpose of either would be just for plinking, and to have and to hold. And before someone suggests it. I cannot get both...not enough $$$$$$ in my bank account for that. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.:D

Fun ain't it?

It's not like you can't have both....sooner or later. If I had to pick one, it'd be the AR. Don't really have good reason except Id rather have that--slightly more. Then I'd start "dark holing" until I could afford the next one on my list.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Neither get the Armalite AR-10 A2 Carbine. Their was even a used one in mint shape at the 1500 last time a dealer had it for 950, I barely noticed it myself. It was hidden between two racks laying by itself.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not own a AR, but I do own an M1A. Thanks for the reply
    Id buy the Colt in your case. I have the 6920 and love it. since I bought it Ive built 2 more Ar's and in the process of building a SBR. Its a disease thats not curable
    BTW 1300 post woooooooooo

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    the best part of an ar is all the stuff you can do to it. buy a basic one build it up when you have the itch to buy a gun. When I bought my first AR I slowly added stuff when I had the itch and it usually scratched the itch pretty well

Top Bottom