• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've noticed that some factory ammunition tends to leave a white residue on the feed ramp and around the breech on my pistols. Is that unburned powder, or coke, or what?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Lead bullets? Dark color finish on the feedramp? In all my years I've never seen ammo leave a white residue on a ramp. What are we smoking today? (just kidding) It could be anti-matter. WHATEVER YOU DO DON"T LICK IT!!!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Lead bullets? Dark color finish on the feedramp? In all my years I've never seen ammo leave a white residue on a ramp. What are we smoking today? (just kidding) It could be anti-matter. WHATEVER YOU DO DON"T LICK IT!!!

Right!

No, it's a white residue on the feed ramp and around the breech. Even some down into the trigger mechanism. I've noticed it when shooting Magtech FMJ (in 9MM Luger, .380 ACP and .32 ACP). I can't figure out if some partially-burned powder, or what it is. (I did have a squib, the other day, with a Magtech .32 ACP round. The case was still half-full of powder, and the bullet was about half-way down the barrel. Weird feeling when you expect to hear "bang", and only hear "pffft!") Maybe it's time to switch ammo. :dunno:

Top Bottom