• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I had reason to contact Red Jacket Firearms about their custom 1911.
    Talk about a rude receptionist/sales-rep/whatever.
    I've only seen a little of their show on YouTube clips that people post.
    The thought that comes to mind is..."meh."

i wouldn't let them freaks touch my 1911's.....

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I watched a couple episodes because a friend told me it was a good show......I'll never get those hours back. Just another show to scare the sheep. I haven't seen them do anything new, cutting edge, exciting or even cool. In fact I haven't even seen them do anything well. I'm no engineer, nor am I a smith, but I'll bet dollars to donuts I could do anything they've done on that show right in my garage minus the licenses of course.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I guess what rubs me the wrong way is how things are so obviously staged. I mean, how many of us believe that lady really walked in to the shop toting that desert eagle claiming how much she loved it, but not the recoil! Are you kidding me???? You notice the lady who supposedly loves the gun didn't shoot it. Methinks they found some nice, very ordinary looking lady and says "Hey, you wanna be on TV? Here's what you gotta do. Just carry this gun in and...":n00b:

You mean like this???

Playing with guns | The Natchez Democrat

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I guess what rubs me the wrong way is how things are so obviously staged. I mean, how many of us believe that lady really walked in to the shop toting that desert eagle claiming how much she loved it, but not the recoil! Are you kidding me???? You notice the lady who supposedly loves the gun didn't shoot it. Methinks they found some nice, very ordinary looking lady and says "Hey, you wanna be on TV? Here's what you gotta do. Just carry this gun in and...":n00b:
    Yeah, and the "master key" episode where the SWAT guy just happened to walk in and ask for a couple dozen master keys.....sure. Just walking around town and thought to myself...why don't I go in here and see if I can spend a ton of tax dollars.....

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Well, that's enough for me. I was pretty much fed up with the crap anyway, now the proof to make watching it anymore pretty much worthless...

Cancelling it off my DVR schedule now...not even worth the time to watch it in fast forward...

Mark

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis

You've never worked in a gun store, have you? Crazy crap like that actually happens very often.

Yes, as other evidence has proven, it was almost certainly staged, but I definitely saw people say things like that while I worked buying/selling guns.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You've never worked in a gun store, have you? Crazy crap like that actually happens very often.

I do. And so far (to date) no one has ever come in and said, "I really like this gun! Except that it's too powerful. Too big. And too awkward to hold & shoot...but other than that, I like it!"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've watched that show once, I couldn't even finish the episode I watched because the girl that works in the front office kept running her trap to her daddy. I'll stick to Ice road truckers and Deadliest catch.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Now that I know they have such a good relationship with dentists I'm going to have them put a suppressor and shoulder stock on my 27 gauge short barrel anesthetic syringe. It will probably take a couple tax stamps but I should be able to be less painful with it given the additional stability and pain suppression.

Top Bottom