Who did you go to for work on your hi-power?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a hi-power that will be getting all new garthwaite insides. Ive been recommended Kustom Ballistics, who referred me to Garthwaite. Garthwaite has a wait time of over a year. I cannot get a hold of Ray Saltzman and he hasnt returned my calls, and Ive had a bad experience with Highsmith Firearms (the work was ok, the service was awful). My last resort is Don Williams, who does amazing work but also has a long wait time.

Who did you send your hi-power for work in Indiana and had good results?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I took one to AllenM (an INGOer) a couple of years ago, for a new hammer/sear/spring kit from C&S, new sights (Trijicons) the slide peened and tightened up on the frame, and a cerakote finish.

He did a nice job on it.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is this custom work or just a rebuild?

Nothing needs to be custom, but I want someone who knows their way around a hi-power so the final product has no sear/hammer engagement issues, decent trigger, passes the "click" test and so on. These are not drop in parts, and the hipower has its own nuances.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Nothing needs to be custom, but I want someone who knows their way around a hi-power so the final product has no sear/hammer engagement issues, decent trigger, passes the "click" test and so on. These are not drop in parts, and the hipower has its own nuances.

Send it back to HiPower. Super fast turn around and basically a rebuilt gun when you get it back

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    "Good things come to those who Wait" There's a reason for long wait times at a Good Gunsmith. If they have a Fast Turnaround Time, you don't want them working on your Gun. The Mechanic that works on my Cars (former Chrysler Dealer) is always 1.5-2 weeks out for Repairs. I always wait.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    "Good things come to those who Wait" There's a reason for long wait times at a Good Gunsmith. If they have a Fast Turnaround Time, you don't want them working on your Gun. The Mechanic that works on my Cars (former Chrysler Dealer) is always 1.5-2 weeks out for Repairs. I always wait.

My grandfather built houses for a living. He used to say, "If you can have someone start building your house today, you don't want them building your house."

Current lead time in my shop is 4-6 weeks for repair/custom work.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Novak! If you're doing all the other work, you might as well get some custom stuff done, and done by the guy that does it right!

Top Bottom