Who has a press mounted case trimmer and swager?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Eh I'm not too worried about it. I did some more research once you posted that. It seems people worry about it but I've never seen any posts of presses that were actually damaged. The website also states that they've never had any issues over thousands of rounds. When running 223 I've never really felt the need to push too hard on the handle to get the swage to go.

For sure! I plan on running 3k cases tomorrow or Thursday and I'll letcha know.

Yes, please post a video if you can when you have the teething done.

And I would bet a few using the swedger have broken/snapped the shellplate bolt and sent the press back to Dillon for repair....

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Yes, please post a video if you can when you have the teething done.

And I would bet a few using the swedger have broken/snapped the shellplate bolt and sent the press back to Dillon for repair....

Yeah I’ll see what I can do about getting a video done!

As far was warranty goes I’m still not overalls concerned. Most reports have been a broken shell plate or broken shell plate bolt. Either way it’ll cost 5 dollars or 40 dollars to repair/replace. The time I save in thousands of rounds of swaging is worth it to me! I found an article from two years ago with similar opinion.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...8okf1u/anyone_have_swage_it_for_their_dillon/

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to run 1k cases of FC/MKE brass through this process. Trim length stayed consistent and even. Overally I'm super pleased with how this setup performed.

I switched over to my LC/PSD brass once I ran out of FC/MKE. This brass was a little more tougher to swage but still not too unbearable. I never felt the need to over pressure the arm just to get the swage to go. I probably got through 1k rounds until my universal decapping pin met its match. I'm not sure exactly what happened but it stopped me in my tracks due to not having a spare. I ordered 3 more hardened pins from Squirrel Daddy on Amazon. Reviews say they dont bend easy and will more then likely punch through the brass before pending. Time will tell.

Here's the video. Sorry for the terrible quality. I was running this on an IphoneX using one hand but you should get the point. I still need to get a 2.25" to 1.25" adapter for the vacuum shroud but the tape worked pretty well.

https://vimeo.com/user123779593/review/461151505/95ce096c7c

Top Bottom