Who has contacted their congressman and senator yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have. Well Senator Lugar must have turned off his email contacts, because it keeps coming back with an Error 404. But I've sent my congressman (Todd Young) and Sen. Coates an email this morning. See attached to give you a thought starter--please do not cut and paste. Use you own words.

Here's a couple links to help:

From Rocket: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...contact_info_for_being_heard_not_hearded.html

Find Your Representative · House.gov Mobile

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Dear

I am writing you this morning because I fear, in light of the terrible tragedy in Connecticut there will be an emotional lash out towards lawful gun owners. Like all people of good conscience, I was horrified and saddened to hear of the news this past week. After hearing the president's words last night and the consistent theme of the various news outlets, it's apparent the retaliation will be directed towards firearms and indirectly towards us law abiding firearms owners.

I don't pretend to know how to prevent people from doing evil acts such as these. But the commonly heard theorized fixes such as smaller gun magazines would only mean they might have to reload once more; banning semi-automatic weapons ("assault weapons") would only slow their rate of fire slightly; eliminating private sales would not prevent somebody intent on arming themselves from doing so. No, all the commonly heard remedies would only infringe lawful firearms enthusiasts from freely enjoying their chosen hobby.

Instead of worrying about guns, I suggest we consider why these mass murderers seem to exclusively attack these types of targets. Is it possible that they know they'll meet little or no resistance from the unarmed victims inside? Is it possible mental health care has such a stigma associated with it, that in combination with its high cost, many in need do not pursue it? I don't know. But I have to believe that these are certainly factors that need to be contemplated more so than tried and disproved gun control measures we've tried the past.

I trust that I share your sadness and pray to God to console the victims' families and friends. I also trust you'll also not fall to political pressure that, in the name of "just doing something", will call for measures that will have the effect of eroding more of our constitutional rights.

God bless you and your family and Merry Christmas,

Your constituent,

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Got them except for lugar same as you guntoatin got the 404. I hope more people do this, this is the part of society i don't understand im not a political guy nor a i think the government is coming for me guy, but no matter what when something happens that threatens your rights you HAVE to let these people know, and unfortunately most people no matter how strong they feel wont take the 10 minutes to write a letter. They will be the first to get everyone fired up after a law is passed even though they tried to do nothing. sorry for the rant but people need to understand the gravity of the situation.

Thanks
    Dan:patriot:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Sent out emails yesterday, thinking about some paper letters today, though not sure if they will be any more effective than electronic media.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's a bit early to get in this mode, yet. My rep is leaving office and so is Lugar. Not really worth it to get on that particualr ball till we know what's actually shaping up. Donnelly may well go with his party, despite his previous record on gun rights and who knows what the hell Turn Coates will do. I'll save my letters and calls till the new year when I've got someone to send them to that can have an effect on things. I don't have much faith in the republicrat that replaced Burton. She seems to be an empty suit who'll just do as she's told. Still, I'll wait.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's a bit early to get in this mode, yet. My rep is leaving office and so is Lugar. Not really worth it to get on that particualr ball till we know what's actually shaping up. Donnelly may well go with his party, despite his previous record on gun rights and who knows what the hell Turn Coates will do. I'll save my letters and calls till the new year when I've got someone to send them to that can have an effect on things. I don't have much faith in the republicrat that replaced Burton. She seems to be an empty suit who'll just do as she's told. Still, I'll wait.

I agree. There'll be an apprpriate time to weigh in on a particular bill later. But at this time, I think it's important to slow any perceived necessity to do something half baked; to let them know there are those of us that are saddened by the loss of life but are not open to further erosion of our 2A rights.

At least that's how I see it...YMMV.

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Done, I wrote President Obama, both Senators, my state Senator, the Governor and the Lt. Governor.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I just wrote to Todd Rokita. It's frustrating that Sen. Lugar's office has no email form and he's on his way out anyway. Joe Donnelly's office is now closed until his inauguration. Interestingly, Donnelly was endorsed by the NRA and now he wants to talk about gun control.

Top Bottom