Who is going to Valpo Gun show on the 24th and 25th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I just got back. It was ok, me and a buddy each bought a gun from ZX guns. Another vendor in the "wing" part had RRA assembled lowers with stocks for $219. I might go back tomorrow and pick one up. Alot of the stuff was expensive. What's with the guys with rifles/shotguns over their shoulders wacking into people. I saw one guy get sideswiped in the head from a double barrel shotgun as the owner turned his body.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I still enjoy the Porter show.................nothing special....seems like everybody is a whole lot friendlier than those Danny shows and the non-gun stuff is cooler than most shows. I still can't find that private sale CZ I'm looking for:ingo:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I got an Orange Izula from Knife Lady, a SERPA holster for my M&P from another member, and grips for my 22/45. But no holster for my 22/45. All and all, a very good day.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I was surprised that Midwest Gun Exchange was not there. Besides ZX Guns who had a big selection there was not much to see.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I was surprised about Midwest too, but as busy as there store is on Saturday I guess I understand it. Didn't find my M&P22, but I bought a really nice ammo box the size of a small coffin. It took my wife and I to carry it out.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Had a nice chat with the rep from the SAM Silhouette club...working on getting Appleseed on their calendar for next year..

And that was just a bonus - I went to pick up a ZT0350 for the hubby for his birthday. Enjoyed chatting with Brad and Knife Lady - very helpful and friendly. Knife Lady let me take a look at her new toy and has me thinking about a new pocket gun.

At 3pm it was a breeze to get in, around, and out. I know I missed the early crowd, but it seemed pretty sparse.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Had a nice chat with the rep from the SAM Silhouette club...working on getting Appleseed on their calendar for next year..

And that was just a bonus - I went to pick up a ZT0350 for the hubby for his birthday. Enjoyed chatting with Brad and Knife Lady - very helpful and friendly. Knife Lady let me take a look at her new toy and has me thinking about a new pocket gun.

At 3pm it was a breeze to get in, around, and out. I know I missed the early crowd, but it seemed pretty sparse.

I don't know about the middle of the day...but it was even kinda sparse at 9:00am, compared to what it usually is.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    none of the holster on the ruger website allow for a red dot on the 22/45. If you are looking for a great leather open carry holster for your M&P, the Galco Combat Master is the nicest one I have ever used with my M&P, and the best conceal one is the Galco King Tuk.

Thanks For the info...I will check them out! Did not find my holster, but came home with a 44 mag lever action for deer season. Go figure.:rockwoot:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    My spoils for the first day of the show.

0924111948.jpg

Here is a shout out to knife lady, thanks for the deal on the izula that i could not pass up. I have been walking around finding things to cut with it since I got home.

And Brad, thanks for the INGO swag

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Made it up there with the wife. It wasnt as crowded as I remember it being which was nice.

Found KnifeLadys table and my wife got a chance to check out the Izula knives. Looks like Ill be placing an order with her soon.

:ingo:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Show was good and it was nice meeting new members and seeing ones I had met before.
    I bought 2 guns a Sig P238 380 and a S&W 38 airweight revolver

I am happy and excited and now I just want to go shooting.:D

I ended up spending more than I made.:rolleyes:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Show was good and it was nice meeting new members and seeing ones I had met before.
    I bought 2 guns a Sig P238 380 and a S&W 38 airweight revolver

I am happy and excited and now I just want to go shooting.:D

I ended up spending more than I made.:rolleyes:

I think we have all been guilty of gun purchases like that before.

Top Bottom