Who is taking Mindset Lab's FoF classes this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So who's gonna be there with me? I hear Day 1 is gonna be a big class!

• Feb 18th: Intro to Force on Force
    • Feb 19th: Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What could have killed you makes you train harder. See everyone tomorrow, today's class was great. Hoping to sleep tonight despite my brain spinning and my right elbow and shoulder crying.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm now home after this weekend's classes.

I'm going to have trouble putting this course into words for an AAR. I don't know how I can effectively convey how much I think people need to be tested like this. I had experiences this weekend that some gun-carriers go their entire lives without having. How would they stack up? Would they survive? Would they make the right decision?

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm now home after this weekend's classes.

I'm going to have trouble putting this course into words for an AAR. I don't know how I can effectively convey how much I think people need to be tested like this. I had experiences this weekend that some gun-carriers go their entire lives without having. How would they stack up? Would they survive? Would they make the right decision?

This may sound dramatic but I have had a handful of experiences in my life that have made me pause, reflect and change my view of the the world. This is one of those experiences that did just that. Thank you to the Shay and the Mindset crew for pulling down a little more of the curtain. Don't live your life as a sheep.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009

I know this feeling. Very happy you all had a good time, and looking forward to your review.

Regarding the first part of your post: Do you remember meeting me a few years ago in Greenwood on my way back from that same 2-day course, and how I tried to describe it to you?
    You told me it sounded like I needed time to decompress. :):

See you again one of these days. :)

AGS Armament

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    North East, Indiana
    Take this class, and then take the rest. Seriously, I'm still trying to gather my thoughts on this weekend. I have no excuse on why I didn't do this sooner, but if you have or had the chance to do this and didn't....wow...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Do you remember meeting me a few years ago in Greenwood on my way back from that same 2-day course, and how I tried to describe it to you?
    You told me it sounded like I needed time to decompress. :):

Tom-- I had not put 2 and 2 together until your post! That makes total sense, as I'm now feeling like you were feeling that day.

Truly mind-blowing.

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Also there is being alive and having a life. Death, life in jail, permanent bodily injury, long term emotional/psychological damage, PTSD. Lots of decisions and Lots of forks in the road when you decide to carry a weapon. But hey, if you go through life with the only threat being paper targets attacking ( i mean standing still, not fighting back from preestablished distances) from the front then buying a gun and shooting at the range is all you need in life.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Certainly an outstanding class that everyone should get to. I also met a lot of really cool people who made the classes even better. I hope to see all of you again down the road.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    When are the next two classes being held? What is the cost?

You can see all the classes here: Mindset Lab | Real Training + Real Testing

Intro to FoF is next held on April 21st, and Dynamic FoF Scenarios (that we took back-to-back this weekend) is next offered on May 19th. There are other classes sprinkled in between those. Courses are $150 and some require a $25 additional fee for marking ammo.

Top Bottom