• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    No matter what firearm you buy, some of other similar firearms will catch your eye. You cant afford to own them all, be happy that the G26 is among the best in its class. As for ammo, ALL ammo is hard to find right now. Hope things will settle down this summer.

ar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    I have a 27 and I find myself freaking out over not have the 26. I think the 9 ammo is cheaper and easier to find. I think I just second guess myself though....But I guess it is just an excuse to go and buy another weapon! ;-0

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I have a 27 and I find myself freaking out over not have the 26. I think the 9 ammo is cheaper and easier to find. I think I just second guess myself though....But I guess it is just an excuse to go and buy another weapon! ;-0

I struggled quite a bit on paper about the G26 vs G27 thing... not having fired a G27, and wifey being recoil sensitive (want her to practice on my gun, too, not just hers), I went with the G26. Then I went to try to find fuel for it.... I can pretty easily find 40 around here, but I feared recoil would be too much for her...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Where are you located? I found some here on INGO very helpful when you are needing something.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Thats a start, the only 9mm Ive seen recently was at GM, and $44 for a box of 25 is getting a bit out of hand. Thankfully I reload, and have a little stash of components put back, just in case things got just like they are now.

Freedom4all

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Martinsville
    All ammo is a pain in the but right now. You did good with getting a 9mm for the main fact that you can carry a lot of ammo in a small space. Just start reloading your own. I'm getting ready to start. I. Just about got every thing I need. Reloading your own is time consuming but there is plenty of it available.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Need some INGO logic here, folks. Last Saturday I was stoked. Found a Glock 26 in stock and got good trades on what I took in, so picked it up. Mind you, I'm getting back in 9mm after a short hiatus caused in part by my concerns that 9mm ammo would be hard to get in the near future. So what do I do but buy a 9mm! And, WOW was I right about ammo availability.

It's got me thinking I screwed up in a big way and should've gotten a G27 or XDS.

Talk me down!!!

Where are you located? I might be able to help you, if you don't mind 9mm fmj ?????

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I struggled quite a bit on paper about the G26 vs G27 thing... not having fired a G27, and wifey being recoil sensitive (want her to practice on my gun, too, not just hers), I went with the G26. Then I went to try to find fuel for it.... I can pretty easily find 40 around here, but I feared recoil would be too much for her...

You made the right decision. I have a 27 and a 23 (as well as a 30).

Current ammo woes aside, as long as it ejects fine, you made the right decision. Others may tell you differently, but if you have someone who is recoil sensitive, the 27 is generally not the best choice.

I'd love to have a 26, but at the current time, and due to the current craziness, I'm thinking of getting a spare 23 to have an extra.

Mysticwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Need some INGO logic here, folks. Last Saturday I was stoked. Found a Glock 26 in stock and got good trades on what I took in, so picked it up. Mind you, I'm getting back in 9mm after a short hiatus caused in part by my concerns that 9mm ammo would be hard to get in the near future. So what do I do but buy a 9mm! And, WOW was I right about ammo availability.

It's got me thinking I screwed up in a big way and should've gotten a G27 or XDS.

Talk me down!!!

Do you have a Gander Mountain near you? I stopped at one today and they had .9 mm ammo 50 rounds for 14.99. The guy told me they get a truck in every Thursday with ammo, check them out, if you have one close, if you cant make it, maybe a family member or a friend can stop for you.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    samcoglobal.com has some surplus 9mm ammo in stock. It is Pakistani made and appears to be at a good price.

Just checked out their site, seems like their prices are a bit on the high side, especially for what they are selling.
    Ammo might be a bit scarce right now, but I am not going to pay new ammo prices for old ammo that is of questionable quality.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    hang in there. we've been here before. ammo will start to loosen up soon, i'm guessing. one source is sgammo.com. last i checked they had no 9mm, but when they get stock it usually disappears pretty quickly. the g26 is awesome, you chose wisely.

Top Bottom