Why Are Republicans So Soft In Red States, Like Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Republicans want to be liked.
    As apposed to democrats, who just don't care about anybody but themselves and their power base.
    Most people want to be liked. You can go to the country club and spout dem talking points and not get kicked out, but espouse conservative beliefs and out you go…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Great explanation of the thread topic.

With so many republicans voting like democrats RINOs are no longer the exception. There has been or were approaching an inversion point to where a RINO is the small government, liberty minded ones. This is why I stated previously I am a RINO now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The simple answer is because we let them. I voted for Rainwater so I tried to make a difference. No one holds them accountable, but I’m not really sure how we can other than voting differently?
    Have you read the links in this thread. A vote for Rainwater did nothing. Most third party candidates split the right and elect the left. We win by getting solid 2A conservatives elected in the primary. We recruit them, get them on the ballot, fund their campaigns, and get everyone we know to vote for them..

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    With so many republicans voting like democrats RINOs are no longer the exception. There has been or were approaching an inversion point to where a RINO is the small government, liberty minded ones. This is why I stated previously I am a RINO now.
    Paul Ryan disagrees with you. LOL.

Former House Speaker Paul Ryan in a Wednesday interview with the Washington Post clobbered Donald Trump, whining that "Trump populism" is now the "establishment" of the Republican Party. Declaring himself an "anti-establishment Republican," Ryan further whined that he's in the minority of his own party.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Paul Ryan disagrees with you. LOL.

Former House Speaker Paul Ryan in a Wednesday interview with the Washington Post clobbered Donald Trump, whining that "Trump populism" is now the "establishment" of the Republican Party. Declaring himself an "anti-establishment Republican," Ryan further whined that he's in the minority of his own party.

Actually from the voter’s perspective I think he is correct. From an elected representative perspective there are probably several years until the purge of the CoC, MIC, wing of the party is expelled and an AF majority is in place.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It is often lamented here that our republicans are weak and soft, this article makes some excellent points on that topic.

“In the big red states, everyone who is wants to get elected to anything joins the GOP. So, naturally, a lot of people who, in a non-red state, would probably be Democrats, join the GOP.”

Is that not the perfect definition of RINO?

That's half the picture though. You and I agree that the primary is where we win. Why are we not getting electing the ones we want?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's half the picture though. You and I agree that the primary is where we win. Why are we not getting electing the ones we want?
    People are too fat and comfortable to get off their azzes and do it. Things just are not bad enough to get them off square one. The saddest part is, this is like watching a movie where instead of just putting a bullet in the bad guy and ending it, they say “put your hands up”. If the folks had risen up to what was pulled on us in 2020, I mean the whole thing from wuwho flu response to the election, as Barney said, we could have “nipped it in the bud”.

We could have stepped on the twig that sprouted. But now we must cut down a briar infested tree and split the wood…

I am on a metaphor roll this morning. :lmfao:

Top Bottom