• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Why is it on INGO that some people can't think of anyone else's rights but their own?
    I've been reading some threads where a group of people think that their RTK&BA is more important than someone else's rights?

Don't get me wrong I think our RTK&BA is one of our most important freedoms, But if a property owner does not want a firearm on their property Shouldn't we honor their wishes just like we want our rights honored?

In the one thread I read, someone pretty much said a business had no right to limit anyone from being there. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard business property or private property someone still owns it and has the right to limit anyone from entering .

I don't know If its just me or what, But there are a lot of selfish people (maybe their just ignorant) about how to go about setting a good example of the gun owning community.

I don't know. Just reading that thread and some of the stupid stuff people will argue about just rubbed me the wrong way.

I know I'm on INGO all the time, its one of the better sites I've ever been to, but here lately between the cop bashing threads and the threads where if someone's rights don't fall in line with what you believe you "start a pissing match"about it are really getting old.

Sorry for the rant but it just got to me.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well, you might be missing the point a bit.

While I agree that the property owners rights and rules are very important and should be followed, I also find it funny that I must relinquish my rights to do business with them.

So, if they choose to infringe upon my rights, I shall use my right to make fun of them and not do business with them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Well, you might be missing the point a bit.

While I agree that the property owners rights and rules are very important and should be followed, I also find it funny that I must relinquish my rights to do business with them.

So, if they choose to infringe upon my rights, I shall use my right to make fun of them and not do business with them.

But that's the point, you don't have to do business with them. If you want to get your point across...leave

This is the way I'm looking at it,
    I smoke, should I just walk into anyones house and light a smoke without asking because I can?
    Hell I don't smoke in my own house and if someone did this to me they'd be out on their ear.
    I guess what I'm saying is people need to use a little common sense

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I was taught long ago, "To truly have freedom of speech, on must defend the right of someone to say thing that really P's you off". I try to apply that reasoning to most things. I don't usually have popular views and I tend to keep my mouth shut. I know I will never convince most people to change their minds. I only get upset when someone feels the need to force their views on me.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Totally agree with
    Why is it on INGO that some people can't think of anyone else's rights but their own?
    AND
    I've been reading some threads where a group of people think that their RTK&BA is more important than someone else's rights?
    Don't get me wrong I think our RTK&BA is one of our most important freedoms, But if a property owner does not want a firearm on their property Shouldn't we honor their wishes just like we want our rights honored?
    BUT I also agree with Boycotting businesses that take away freedoms. I wish I could boycott schools etc. The Leftists boycott anyone who remotely stands up for their rights, why shouldn't we boycott them back?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Totally agree with AND
    BUT I also agree with Boycotting businesses that take away freedoms. I wish I could boycott schools etc. The Leftists boycott anyone who remotely stands up for their rights, why shouldn't we boycott them back?

I guess that's my point Viper, If you don't like they way a business operates, boycott them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    But that's the point, you don't have to do business with them. If you want to get your point across...leave

red, that is certainly one view point but what about the analogy to African-Americans during the Heart of Atlanta or the 1964 Civil Rights Act? Why do not the "rights" of hotel or restaurants to discriminate trump the rights of racial or ethnic groups?

It is my opinion that those that exercise their right to arms should have the same protections as racial, ethnic or religious groups.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

This is the way I'm looking at it,
    I smoke, should I just walk into anyones house and light a smoke without asking because I can?
    Hell I don't smoke in my own house and if someone did this to me they'd be out on their ear.
    I guess what I'm saying is people need to use a little common sense

While I agree with not visiting a business that doesn't want me, you can't use smoking as a reason to not bring a firearm into a place of business. I can't find smoking as a protected right in the supreme law of the land.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It is my opinion that those that exercise their right to arms should have the same protections as racial, ethnic or religious groups.

Kirk, I agree with this 100%, but we both know we have a long way to go to get to this point. And someone acting like an ass is doing more to harm our progress than help. Who did more for civil rights MLK or the Black Panthers? Peaceful and polite will win more people over than acting like a spoiled brat when you don't get your way.

While I agree with not visiting a business that doesn't want me, you can't use smoking as a reason to not bring a firearm into a place of business. I can't find smoking as a protected right in the supreme law of the land.

indykid, I was just using smoking as an example of bad behavior. The point I was trying to make was, how does my right to K&BA trump the right of a property owner not to allow firearms on THEIR property? I guess my point was how can I expect someone to respect my rights when I refuse to respect theirs?

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    This Board is just like real life. There are people here and in real life who feel as long as THEY are being served it doesn't matter about anyone else.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Kirk, I agree with this 100%, but we both know we have a long way to go to get to this point. And someone acting like an ass is doing more to harm our progress than help. Who did more for civil rights MLK or the Black Panthers? Peaceful and polite will win more people over than acting like a spoiled brat when you don't get your way.

If I disregard an anti-gun sign and proceed to CC on into the store, what part of that isn't peaceful or polite?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If I disregard an anti-gun sign and proceed to CC on into the store, what part of that isn't peaceful or polite?

I can't agree more Benny.
    The threads I was referring to in my first post were more about people being upset when, while open carrying were asked to cover up or to leave then *****ing about a business not having the right to do it. IE- businesses having no rights to limit what goes on on their property (no property rights like private property has).

I don't care how anyone carries cc, oc, heck duct tape it to your forehead. what my ***** was about was claiming that because someplace is a "business" they don't have a right to limit what went on on their property.
    All this group was saying was "my rights" this and "my rights that". and then getting upset when someone brought up the businesses rights

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

red, with respect, I disagree. The rights given by God (my right to defend my life) trump the rights given by Man (property).

Some people went and made "asses" by breaking the law and did a lot for civil rights. Never discount calling attention to yourself for a just cause:

rosa_p2.jpg

Sometimes you have to act like an "ass" and suffer slings and arrows for a just cause:

9999004618-l.jpg

But if a property owner does not want a firearm on their property Shouldn't we honor their wishes just like we want our rights honored?

No, just as we should not "honor" "Whites Only" or "No Colored Allowed" either.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I can't agree more Benny.
    The threads I was referring to in my first post were more about people being upset when, while open carrying were asked to cover up or to leave then *****ing about a business not having the right to do it. IE- businesses having no rights to limit what goes on on their property (no property rights like private property has).

I don't care how anyone carries cc, oc, heck duct tape it to your forehead. what my ***** was about was claiming that because someplace is a "business" they don't have a right to limit what went on on their property.
    All this group was saying was "my rights" this and "my rights that". and then getting upset when someone brought up the businesses rights

I must have misunderstood your post then...In the OP, I thought you were saying that if a business has a "no guns" sign posted, you should either go put your gun in the car or just leave.

I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other...

Any business(let's go with the BW3s thread) has the right to refuse service or ask you to leave, but if they don't have a "no guns" or "no open carry" sign on their door, I can understand someone getting upset if a manager comes over and says "get rid of or hide that thing." Especially in that situation where the guy just came over to bother him and didn't do :poop: about it when he refused. mk2ja was polite throughout the encounter and even said he'd leave if the manager would like him to. The manager made no such request.

Now if there is a "no guns" sign on the door and you walk in OCing, that's just downright rude. I agree you are just asking for negative attention if you do that.

Top Bottom