• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I could see an integrally suppressed barrel as being a great addition to the contender platform.

Which would require a second stamp.... Would be cool, but very costly for a single shot gun.

Only advantage I could see would be a cheaper way (assuming the barrels are cheaper than other platforms) to swap between calibers while keeping an SBR. I believe Cory from SSNFA did one, maybe he will be along to weigh in soon.

shadowangel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Would be nice being able to switch calibers on a whim, but that's the standard benefit to the Contender line.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Makes a nice 300 Black Out host ... but $100 and inch for 14" vs 16" barrel the first time around. Also making the SBR and then going back to a pistol might or might not be fine. Myself would put the name on the barrel in most cases, but here you end up using both (stock probably would not fly for the Form 1 name location ;-).

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Makes a nice 300 Black Out host ... but $100 and inch for 14" vs 16" barrel the first time around. Also making the SBR and then going back to a pistol might or might not be fine. Myself would put the name on the barrel in most cases, but here you end up using both (stock probably would not fly for the Form 1 name location ;-).
    I know i have to do the engraving on the receiver, i don't see me putting it back to a pistol if i do it.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I believe Cory from SSNFA did [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] TWO, maybe he will be along to weigh in soon.

I have a 14" .308 encore and a 14" .357 Maximum Contender. Advantage is that it sounds beautiful with cheap lead .38 specials in the Max, or you can load heavy cast subsonic MAX's. The other advantage is the fix barrel mount that requires no cleaning. The .308 is really just a toy. Heck...in reality aren't they all just big boy toys??

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom