• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Buy the 800/1000 grit diamonds and the 1200/1600 grit ceramics for a very nice edge.

You F@#@ed up Version 3 is comming out in the next few months.......

Use Kangaroo leather strops with a 14/10 and a 5=3.5 micron stropping compound on them for the nice mirror polished edges. If you only have the base model wait untill the V3 upgrade comes out and get the V2 and V3 upgrade kits they really are that much better. If you have any other questions just ask or PM me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzL41ygQG0o
    Use these exact motions to sharpen the knives. Clay is the inventor and knows his stuff.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Don't go all nuts trying to get polished/mirror edges on things that don't NEED them (like show pieces).

User knives don't NEED mirror edges and may actually not cut as well as a "toothy" edge.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Do these work on recurves or tantos?

They work just fine on tantos and it depends on how "curvy" the recurve is as to weather or not it will work.

Just to give an example as to what an wicked edge can do. I only used ceramic stones so the edge still has "teeth" to it while retaining the polished look that allot of people like. Yes I tested it on 550 cord and rope to make sure it would cut easily I remember your essay over the mirror edge Rhino.
    25cWWpRl.jpg

Link to full definition photo to see the edge better.
    Imgur

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Maybe you can show me how to open up the carton on my new-in-the-box one I have? I just can't seem to get past my 2 X 72 Baldor or 1 X 42 Kalamazoo!

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Well I have it all set up. I am going to attempt to work over my Para2. I know it's a lot of coin but you only live once. Thanks for all the input I'll return with a sharp knife and all my digits in the near future.

Top Bottom