Will you have a disaster to go with your vacation, sir?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    No thanks, but we got close. We're vacationing at Myrtle Beach, SC this weekend and got to sit through multiple tornado warnings (all west of us) as the storms which spawned multiple tornadoes throughout the South and Mid-Atlantic Coast came roaring through. Although we had made our (limited) preps, they were un-needed - we didn't even get a thunderstorm where we were staying - not even "ominous skies".

Just goes to show you, you have to plan for emergencies no matter what you're doing in this life...

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    This is an interesting topic...I have to travel for work a couple of times per year. Admittedly I haven't searched this topic, but I have been wondering before my next trip what others may have done. Travel is domestic to a large city but without any friendlies near. I'm going to do a little search and start a thread if applicable.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We start out by checking the weather forecast for the destination; then continue planning from there. We like to have maps of the area, routes into and out of the area, etc. I also check the carry laws.

Top Bottom