• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I normally don't put myself forward to trumpet my own horn but I was looking back at some previous material that went up on the web a couple of years ago and thought I would like to share this back and forth with a professor who thinks that "reasoned compromise can follow respectful dialog" about gun control.

I think I did a fair job of presenting my point, but it is fascinating just how the good professor attempts to wiggle and jiggle his way out of ignoring everything I post.

Concurring Opinions » A Call for a Cease Fire in the Gun Debate

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Some folks hold such strong views, that facts mean nothing to them, they just ignore anything that goes against their mindset. You see this in all walks of life and belief.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    Those are good points. Too many times I am shocked by the media and their description of guns used in a crime. I really think its a ratings game at that point.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Can someone translate this sentence to english for me:

Culture is cognitively what prior to risk perception?
    I believe it means that your cultural background (how you were raised, the opinions of close family members and peers) is more important than perception of risk, or colors risk perception.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The word "compromise" means that gun owners are the ones to give something up. What does the other side give up? Nothing. I refuse to compromise or support those who do.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Jack,
    You did a brilliant job in thes exchange. I find it oddly telling that Mr. Bramen never responded, and has not posted anything more on the subject in 4+ years... it really is hard to argue with facts, illogical drivel really does just fall away after awhile.

Top Bottom