• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Just aquired a beautiful 1956 Winchester .22 target rifle.If anyone has items or information relating,please send me an E-mail.Sure looking forward to a break in this weather so I can run some lead thru this beautiful rifle.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am jealous! Learned to shoot on a 52. Dad's gun and one day it will be mine. My sister has layed claim because she is a money grubby greedy... Well you know. In my mind that rifle is the greatest gun ever made. So if I have to buy it money will not be an object.

If you don't mind sharing, what did this fine rifle cost you?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Winchester 52

Always read about them in old NRA mags,ran across this one with a Lyman Targetspot scope at a price I could not pass up.Had it 2 days and havent fired it yet.Bad time for snow.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Always read about them in old NRA mags,ran across this one with a Lyman Targetspot scope at a price I could not pass up.Had it 2 days and havent fired it yet.Bad time for snow.

Most rifles still fire when there is snow on the ground. Get out and shoot it man, and post pics of the gun too!

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    traderdan do you have iron sights or glass on yours?

i've got a pre-a version my great-grandpa shot matches with and before it was handed down to me the unertl disappeared and i had no rear sight. since then i got ahold of a dovetail rear ladder sight and found a hooded lyman front sight in a box of other goodies handed down to me.

the 52 is by far my favorite hand-me-down! enjoy. they sure can shoot.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Winchester 52

It has a Lyman targetspot junior 10x scope.It was manufactured in 1956.I believe the early ones came with that ladder type rear sight.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Winchester 52c

The 52 -c was a redesign after WW2 especially of the trigger system.They began to use the "Micro-Motion"system.It is not a sporter.If it were it would be a lot more valuable.As I understand it,A,B,C,D,E denote minor changes in the design of the reciever as the years progressed.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    A buddy of mine found one with a VX-ll on it. He didn't do anything but lighten the trigger, fed it good ammo, and went to the range and won a couple of rimfire matches with it. It is way up on my list of firearms to attain, just gotta get lucky.

Top Bottom