• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I find this "test" video akin to somebody taking a wing from an aircraft, driving a tractor back and forth over it, looking at the results, and claiming the strength engineers at the manufacturer failed in the wing design.

The terminal ballistic testing at Winchester, Federal, FBI Ballistic Research Facility, Letterman Army Istitute of Research, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and other reputable testing agencies have credibility, where the "test" in the video does not. There is nothing scientific about the "test," and it gives no useful information.

Exactly> In other videos presented, there are a LOT of rounds he tests that have dismal track records. One, the Remington UMC 115gr standard pressure JHP, showed some promise, but has proven to not expand consistently in real life.

I like your analogy, reminds me of folks and their "torture" tests on pistols/rifles. Do I plan on shooting a gun I just threw from a plane? NO! That gun is likely damaged and not an intelligent idea to catch a slide in my face! :D :n00b: :laugh: Fill the gun with mud and fire it? NO! :D

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    There is nothing scientific about the "test," and it gives no useful information.

I agree. The maker of the video claims as much in all his vids. I, personally, think he does this for his own amusement more than anything. But, I don't know him, so I would just be assuming.

I do find it interesting on his video comments that when a "test" (very loose term here) results in a negative outcome, people will cite how this n=1 experiment is highly inconclusive and has no real meaning. Yet, when the outcome is positive, there is usually high praise for the round in question and a lot of people exclaim how that particular one is their EDC round. :dunno:

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    This is one of my carry rounds. I tested it in milk jugs with wet newspaper inside the jugs. Scary results. Mine expanded exactly as expected. I can get at Walmart when needed. Hope I never have use them, but I feel comfortable with them enought to carry.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Sheesh you guys have some awesome points here...i like the hornady rounds too...but seeing as how a few of you put stock in these...i am happy with my purchase.

As i dont really plan on doing my own testing of the winchester rounds, i trust your judgments.

Top Bottom