• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Received my new Lenovo Thinkpad E-540 laptop today with Windows 7 installed. I am wanting to install Windows 8. I was supplied with 4 disks that is supposed to upgrade to Windows 8/Windows 7 Downgrade (whatever that means). They are called Operating System Recovery Discs and Media Recovery Disks. I have followed the directions but still no install. Any suggestions as to where I can take this laptop to get Windows 8 installed?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Received my new Lenovo Thinkpad E-540 laptop today with Windows 7 installed. I am wanting to install Windows 8. I was supplied with 4 disks that is supposed to upgrade to Windows 8/Windows 7 Downgrade (whatever that means). They are called Operating System Recovery Discs and Media Recovery Disks. I have followed the directions but still no install. Any suggestions as to where I can take this laptop to get Windows 8 installed?

Why? Windows 8 is awful. JMO

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Windows 7 Downgrade is a set of disks that will downgrade your computer from 8 to 7. Except you're already on 7. Did you order it with 7? Sounds like whoever you bought it from already did the downgrade, and there may not be a set of Win 8 disks for it now.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Windows 7 Downgrade is a set of disks that will downgrade your computer from 8 to 7. Except you're already on 7. Did you order it with 7? Sounds like whoever you bought it from already did the downgrade, and there may not be a set of Win 8 disks for it now.

The disks I have are Operating System Recovery Disks for Windows 8 Pro (2 each) and Windows 8 Recovery Media for Windows 8 (2 each).

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I can't even get to that point. It asks to make the CD/DVD drive the first startup device in the startup sequence. There is no CD/DVD selection.

Most often that has to be done in BIOS. Hold the Delete key, F2 or F12 during startup and see it that gets you in.

Top Bottom