Wine at the 1500??? Actually it is whine.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    OK, I went to the 1500 today. Here were the deals I found.

Tru-glow night sites installed on my glock 33

500 rounds of Wolf Ammo $100

Anything from Bobcat Steel.
    I got an AR500 caltrop for lack of a better term. It looks like a big caltrop but instead of having points, it has 3" circles.

Only one guy had any converted Saiga's. Uncoverted ranged from $599 to $799 for the exact same thing.

I finally found a Walther P22. They ranged from $299 to $379 for a plain new one without laser. I decided to buy the $299 one but when I asked how long the wait would take, they said 25-35 minutes. I apatheically left instead.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What caliber wolf? I bought 1000 rounds PMC 9mm for $200 cash out the door.

Have you been to the show before? Perhaps you had inappropriate expectations. I had a blast.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Yes, I have been to the show before. This is the only time I had specific expectation of which guns I was looking for.

The Wolf Ammo I got was .223. It was $200 for 1000 rounds. Pretty good deal.

I don't think my expectations were unreasonable to find deals better than local gun shops. I suppose a 35 minute wait for paperwork was reasonable but the price difference didn't warrant 35 minutes of my time.

midget96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Avoca
    Actually I waited 25 minutes for paperwork. WELL WORTH IT. My 15 year old bought his first S&W 9mm:draw:. Side by side with both my sons:rockwoot: and 2 great friends all day at a gun show. PRICELESS !!!!!

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Other than my little 2 year old boy throwing a couple fits I had a great time at the show. Picked up a rifle that I had been wanting to find for a couple years. Bill out of Terre Haute is making some custom grips for my wife's FEG P9R for a really good price. I thought there were some really good deals and I always love just looking around.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Walked in yesterday around 4:30 saw a nice SAR-1 on Ft Liberty's table where a co worker of mine part times. Looked it over longingly and told him it would not be there by the end of the day. I wanted it BAAADDD, but knew I had to get a freaking bedroom set I promised the ol lady today, so I had to put it down. I can't own them all, but that one was right priced, sights straight looked unfired and I think he said box and all. Well I walked the show and bought a chinese bayo. Decided to give the SAR-1 a goodbye visit around 5 PM now, and yup, sure enough, the guy who picked it up after I put it down bought it.

Oh well..................:dunno:

Top Bottom