• ...and so much more!
  • longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Hey all,
    I've never been to your range, but I'm wondering what the winters are like? Are members actively shooting still? I've read the requirements for membership and would like to join. I have the class under my belt, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait til spring to join?

Thanks!

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Depends on when you go. If you don't mind the cold, then join at the next meeting and go shooting. I prefer shooting there when it is less crowded.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Doesn't their membership renewal start at the first of the year? If so it doesn't save you anything to wait till spring as your membership renewal will be due the first of next year anyway. Might as well go ahead and join if your going to.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hey all,
    I've never been to your range, but I'm wondering what the winters are like? Are members actively shooting still? I've read the requirements for membership and would like to join. I have the class under my belt, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait til spring to join?

Thanks!

Im not a member yet. But will be soon. Just passed my safety class. I have been there a lot the past couple months with a friend who is a member. Weather hasnt kept people away. There has been someone there everytime I've been there in the past 4 months.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Doesn't their membership renewal start at the first of the year? If so it doesn't save you anything to wait till spring as your membership renewal will be due the first of next year anyway. Might as well go ahead and join if your going to.

If you buy your membership in November or December it is good till the following renewal year. For example: If you buy a membership in December 2013 you wont have to renew you membership until the first of the year 2015.

Gman75

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Boone County
    Great place to shoot anytime of year. Even when the weather is great I have never seen the place packed, unless there was an event going on.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    If you buy your membership in November or December it is good till the following renewal year. For example: If you buy a membership in December 2013 you wont have to renew you membership until the first of the year 2015.

Yep, but unless something changed since I was a member, the next member meeting where a person can join won't be until January now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I shoot all winter long. Even when it's in single digits, it's fun to shoot. The range does tend to be a bit quieter in the winter, but is still in daily use.

Top Bottom