• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asystole86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Central Indiana
    last weekend i bought a Smith & Wesson model 66 No dash 4" barrel. the bore was spotless the crown had no damage. blast plate had virtually no wear. the gun has a few Burs around a screw. ( i think someone took it apart with a cheap screwdriver) . It's in time and i believe it had a trigger job DA is only about 4 lbs and single is like 2 ish. i paid 425$ including tax and got a box of 50 American eagle .357 158gr jacketed soft point thrown in

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I am curious, if you didn't think you were getting a good deal why buy it? If in doubt, why not check some prices online? What would you do if everyone had said, "man you can get them everyday, all day long for a hundred less"? Would you talk bad about where you bought it? Bottom line, I don't care if I overpay on a gun, when I am buying a gun if I am to lazy to double check, that is what I pay for my ignorance. I don't shell out my money unless I am getting what I feel is a good deal for me. By the way, sounds like a fair deal to me.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I am curious, if you didn't think you were getting a good deal why buy it? If in doubt, why not check some prices online? What would you do if everyone had said, "man you can get them everyday, all day long for a hundred less"? Would you talk bad about where you bought it? Bottom line, I don't care if I overpay on a gun, when I am buying a gun if I am to lazy to double check, that is what I pay for my ignorance. I don't shell out my money unless I am getting what I feel is a good deal for me. By the way, sounds like a fair deal to me.

Sometime you run into a gun you want, & can't check the internet, i've bought guns & had gunsmithing done & then said what the * did I do, but then I started shooting the gun or enjoying the gunsmithing work. Enjoy the S&W 66 it's a great gun:twocents:

Last edited by a moderator:

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    No you did not overpay, esp if it had a trigger job in which case you got a pretty good deal.:yesway:

D-Bo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Funcie
    I think you got a good deal. The real test is do you like it and if you think it shoots good then it was a real good deal.

asystole86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Central Indiana
    i did do some research after i got home on gunsamerica gunbroker, etc. But those sites are usually overpriced, and prices are subject to location as well. At the time of buying it my lovely at&t iphone had no service to check prices. I went in to buy some .22 ammo at Darrel's in Cayuga and walked out with a new gun. ( wife wasn't to happy )

Top Bottom