• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    So I just got off the phone with a ATI customer service I had wanted to order 2 very,very small rubber parts that goes into the barrel chamber so that I can decock the hammer without damaging the firing pin(22lr).These parts maybe a little smaller then the size of a dime. The parts were $1.95 apiece but when they told me it would be $10 to ship, I had to tell them to never mind. That's so crazy when USPS has those prepriced medium sized box that cost just a little over $5 to ship, heck they even have an envelope(prepriced) for $2 something to ship and this envelope would probably hold 50-100 of these rubber parts. I just don't understand it. :xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep. Shipping can be a deal-breaker on small parts! I needed a buffer block for a Marlin Model 60. That's a $10 part. Most places wanted another $10 to ship. I waited until Brownell's had a free shipping deal. Probably cost them a buck to "ship" it in an envelope.

To bad I couldn't find it local.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    When I told Chris the customer service rep at ATI that seemed high and to never mind about my order, he did not offer to lower shipping. Sucks to because this was the first time i had to contact ATI.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is sad! I bought a 10 pack of 6x9 "Bubble Wrap Cushioned Mailers" from Office Max for $6 making each mailer 60 cents. Postage on them usually runs about a dollar so for $1.60 I can ship small items.

Wonder why these mega-dollar places can't do the same???

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A lot of vendors nowadays are using stupid shipping charges to make their prices appear lower. Case in point, we spotted a tacky shark in a hawaiian flowerdy shirt holding a waiters tray that stood about 40" tall and thought it would look cool on our "tiki" deck. One place wanted $200 for it with free shipping, everywhere else wanted $150 with $50 shipping. E-bay sellers have gotten really bad about this lately as they don't have to pay sellers premiums on shipping charges.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    What a deal!

Recently, I bought Hogue grip screws on a popular auction site with buy-it-now. My choice would have been another online source (where I'm a regular customer), but the very, reasonable shipping cost made it a no-brainer in that case. Sometimes, we can't find an alternative source.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't like the expensive shipping charges that many companies tack on to their products. They justify it by saying that an employee's time and the cost of packing materials adds to the actual fees for mailing/shipping. I don't buy that argument. The post office supplies some shipping containers for free. Aren't the employees that are involved with the shipping being paid no matter what they do?

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Thats why its called shipping and HANDLING. They know that you know how much it will cost to ship, so they tack on the vague and over inflated handling charge. I have been lured into many sites for things that are priced great just to be ruined by high S&H. :xmad:

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Top Bottom