• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • laserbudd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Anderson
    Looking for a (new/excellent) 7" barrel for my new S&W 41.
    I use this gun in Bullseye now with the 5.5" Heavy barrel and would like to try it with the 7".
    Might consider trading my 5.5" for a new 7", but would also consider buying one outright, if the price is right.
    PM me with what you have to offer, and we might get together.
    I am in central IN.
    Thanks

hf3787

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    model 41 -- 7 inch barrell

I shoot bullseye, and use a model 41. I believe that you will find that the 7 inch barrel will change the balance of the model 41 in a bad way. My model 41 had a 7 inch barrel, and I couldn't "hit-a-barn". I painfully cut about 1.5 inches off of the barrel, milled the muzzle face and other areas(to reduce weight), and recrowned the barrel. Now the balance and feel are great, and my scores have improved greatly. ---- Also, the 5.5 inch heavy barrel needs to have weight removed.
    You might want to talk to other bullseye shooters who use a model 41 and get their views -- or put a post on the bullseye forum, but I believe that your money would be better spent in having a gunsmith alter your existing barrel.

Happy shooting: Mike

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I shoot bullseye, and use a model 41. I believe that you will find that the 7 inch barrel will change the balance of the model 41 in a bad way. My model 41 had a 7 inch barrel, and I couldn't "hit-a-barn". I painfully cut about 1.5 inches off of the barrel, milled the muzzle face and other areas(to reduce weight), and recrowned the barrel. Now the balance and feel are great, and my scores have improved greatly. ---- Also, the 5.5 inch heavy barrel needs to have weight removed.
    You might want to talk to other bullseye shooters who use a model 41 and get their views -- or put a post on the bullseye forum, but I believe that your money would be better spent in having a gunsmith alter your existing barrel.

Happy shooting: Mike

Oops for me EXACTLY the opposite,
    I have the 5.5 and the 7inch I shoot Bullseye with HHRP and I love the weight and "hang" of the 7inch,

I use the shorter barrel for 22lr action events It doesn't have the overswing of the heavier 7 inch but in bullseye you want some dampening and resistance to change

BUT its all subjective, I'm sure there are people who shoot better with something like the PacLite barrels,

The length does more than just add weight it changes the center of gravity which you already know but it gives the a feel that just feels better for national match courses

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    PM sent. Sorry for posting here, I thought it was in the Hand Guns Section and not in the Classifieds,

Last edited:
    Top Bottom