• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    so I've got another project aside from reloading that I wasn to work on, and one of the suggested methods of cleaning was:
    Hi phoenix,
    Do you know anyone who reloads ammunition? They'd probably have a vibratory polisher you can leave the blade in for a couple of days. There's nothing safer than dropping the blade in a bowl of walnut shells and walking away from it.

Does anyone in the Indy area have a vibratory polisher that I could drop something off in and then pick back up after a couple days? payment in cash or beer could be arranged.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm in the Fishers area and have a tumbler. If you don't get someone closer, drop me a PM and we can work out something.
    I appreciate the offer, but I think a tumbler would be a very bad idea. I'm wanting to polish a straight razor blade. the idea of the blade in the tumbler makes me a little nervous for both blade and tumbler. The vibratory polisher lets it just sit there and agitate. I don't know how common they are, but I was pointed towards people that reload ammo and I thought "gee, where do I know anyone who reloads ammo?"

Edit: I may be slightly confused about what type of tumbler you have. I was immediately thinking of the tumbler someone made with an old dryer and 5gal. bucket. if it is a bench top thing that you fill with media such as corn cob or walnut shell, then it is what I'm looking for. If it rotates like a dryer and there is any chance the blade will actually gain anything like momentum, no thanks.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I got one, and live in cumberland. PM me with a phone number, its yours for as long as you need it for no charge, but i wont turn down any beer.

Top Bottom