• ...and so much more!
  • GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m544/317usmc/3596f5ba.jpg

Hopefully you can see that. Yup, the tip of my suppressor BROKE? I was plinkin yesterday after carb day and just put in my 3rd mag when I noticed it was a bit louder than usual. I thought it was the crappy bulk pack but sure nuff I looked at it and there was a gaping hole at the end.

I've already contacted Silencerco but damn, right before the supressor shoot too.

Any one else ever had a broken supressor?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Any one else ever had a broken supressor?

"Broken"? No. Had an endcap strike? Yup.

HALO_strike_end1.jpg

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I have seen a end cap start to peel open on a sparrow on a barfcom thread awhile back, just started opening up...are your baffles ok?

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Baffles are good to go. The end cap was just faulty I believe? I talked to Josh from Silencerco. I got it ready to ship out in the AM tomorrow

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Baffles are good to go. The end cap was just faulty I believe? I talked to Josh from Silencerco. I got it ready to ship out in the AM tomorrow
    That's what I thought, they had a run of faulty end caps a while back. Easy fix, but their UPS ground back from Utah is the only down side...like 3-5 days in shipping!

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's not too bad. I was thinking more actually. Now I can look forward to havin it at the Hush shoot! It was weird though. The cap looked as if it just blew off? I know or at least believe that it's aluminum but idk how that would happen? I highly doubt a round cought it because my baffles are just fine?

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    That's not too bad. I was thinking more actually. Now I can look forward to havin it at the Hush shoot! It was weird though. The cap looked as if it just blew off? I know or at least believe that it's aluminum but idk how that would happen? I highly doubt a round cought it because my baffles are just fine?

Ya their aluminum and I have about 4000-5000 rounds through our demo Sparrow and never had a problem, 22mags, etc. It's weird, but I have seen it before, just tell them a t-shirt will make things right. ;)

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh indeed! Good call. I just wait till Tuesday. And terrific idea about the shirt. I believe I'll wright a small letter...

SEMPER FIDELIS

Top Bottom