• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The good, the bad, and the ugly. A few guest appearances from the infamous rhino...including his stage win (it was impressive). However, I didn't catch some of his finer moments. They were EPIC. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPY7vHkX7Uk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Jonathan, Great match. I had a lot of fun. Glad I could make it back...it has been too long

I hate you.

All, scores are posted to the Practiscore website. Just search for "WVRPC". I'll email out the scores when I figure that part out.
    is
    Thanks again, Jonathan, to you and the WVRPC crew.

The only downside I see to the Nooks you have is the screen refresh is slow compared to the Kindles. On the other hand, they are much easier to see. You can see the screen clearly in bright sunlight wearing polarized glasses. That's next to impossible with the Kindles. The battery life is another advantage. Even with the Kindles setup to use minimal power, their batteries are getting low by the end of a match. The Nooks could easily go all day.

I hate being "Rhino Late." Thanks again for letting greg and justin sign me up

Have I mentioned that I hate you?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The good, the bad, and the ugly. A few guest appearances from the infamous rhino...including his stage win (it was impressive). However, I didn't catch some of his finer moments. They were EPIC. :laugh:

Looks like I did well on Stage 4, even in the combined. The video started after my first eight shots, but the rest was pretty good. One good stage is much better than no good stages! Woo-hoo!

On my other stage you recorded, it looks like I fixed that malfunction a lot faster than it felt in the moment. Obviously I wish I hadn't had all that trouble with my gun/ammo, but
    it could have been a lot worse. I'm just glad you didn't capture me standing there looking at my slide locked-back on the classifier. That was almost as embarrassing as me trying to hit steel with those hundreds of rounds I launched in the general downrange direction. Yes, dumba**, when you shoot a 1911 with an eight round magazine and no barney bullet eight times, it's EMPTY after the eighth shot.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011

Thanks Jonathan, Great match. I had a lot of fun. Glad I could make it back...it has been too long

You can't miss on the Texas Star this year! ( I think I just jinxed you) Nice job.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I heard a rumor about 40+ yard poppers!

Your club has really nice, huge bays that many clubs don't. Good to hear you're making use of the depth!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can't miss on the Texas Star this year! ( I think I just jinxed you) Nice job.

His success with the star comes at the same time as my inability to hit a freakin' piece of steel to save my life.

The best part was all the advice I gave to some new shooters about shooting the steel yesterday. Had I either kept my mouth shut, or followed my own advice, all would have been a lot less ugly! Hah!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    learned i can hit the really little one at 40 yards...but not the big ones...nor can I hit the ones at 10 yards...I'm still calling the 40 yard shot "mad skillz"

The two big poppers were at about 40 yards. The li'l guy was at 44 yards.

Like you, I hit the little guy with one shot. Unlike you, I went through more than a magazine to hit the full size popper on the right!

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I watched several people shoot that stage and it seemed they all had the same enigma: small steel at farther distance = no problem. Big popper = tons of problems.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I watched several people shoot that stage and it seemed they all had the same enigma: small steel at farther distance = no problem. Big popper = tons of problems.

Overall it was a fun and challenging match. I'd like to request that you do the long range steel again next time. I had a lot of trouble with it, but it's something we need to see more often and even if I suck at it, I appreciate the value of the challenge. I sucked on the Texas Star (just like last week at Atlanta), but I think it should be in just about every match if a club owns that prop.

I'd also like to request that we never see those starts where you have to retrieve all of
    your magazines from a table again. Retrieving the magazines and trying to stuff them into
    magazine pouches on the clock does not test any legitimate shooting or gun handling skill
    and more importantly, there's nothing fun about it. I don't normally complain about
    course of fire (in a serious manner), but that just wasn't a great idea, nor has it been
    in the past when I've seen it at other clubs. It was probably lots of fun for open
    shooters who could do the entire stage with one magazine.

Whw stuffed mags into their front pockets? Of that number, how many were in divisions
    (production and single stack) where retrieving a mag from a front pocket during the
    course of fire moves them to open division? How many did it and had no idea it violated
    equipment rules in their division? How many did it, but no one noticed/knew and so did
    not get moved to open division? Why put people in a position where an honest mistake can
    penalize them so significantly, especially new shooters who don't know the rules well?

Last edited:

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Point taken.

So...the Star at 50 yards?

Overall it was a fun and challenging match. I'd like to request that you do the long range steel again next time. I had a lot of trouble with it, but it's something we need to see more often and even if I suck at it, I appreciate the value of the challenge. I sucked on the Texas Star (just like last week at Atlanta), but I think it should be in just about every match if a club owns that prop.

I'd also like to request that we never see those starts where you have to retrieve all of your magazines from a table again. Retrieving the magazines and trying to stuff them into magazine pouches on the clock does not test any legitimate shooting or gun handling skill and more importantly, there's nothing fun about it. I don't normally complain about course of fire (in a serious manner), but that just wasn't a great idea, nor has it been in the past when I've seen it at other clubs. It was probably lots of fun for open shooters who could do the entire stage with one magazine.

How stuffed mags into their front pockets? Of that number, how many were in divisions (production and single stack) where retrieving a mag from a front pocket during the course of fire moves them to open division? How many did it and had no idea it violated equipment rules in their division? How many did it, but no one noticed/knew and so did not get moved to open division? Why put people in a position where an honest mistake can penalize them so significantly, especially new shooters who don't know the rules well?

Top Bottom